Monday, May 4, 2009

Catbird Seat

When I was growing up, there was a thing called the "Catbird Seat"

For those of you who don't know, this is the special seat in the house which everyone wants but only the Alpha gets. And if the Alpha isn't around, it's the next highest ranked person. AKA The "Pecking Order".

Then, there are my dad's weird linguistics. Words he would use or make up, so young sensitive ears wouldn't be repeating the true meaning.

Here's what I mean:

Tough dog puckies translates to Tough dog shit
Naked as a jaybird (because jaybirds don't wear clothes? idk on that one.)
Skin of a buck = Son of a bitch (I presume, since he always said it when something went wrong...)


Then there is a famous song he sings, join in if you know the lyrics...

There's a skeeter on my peter, knock it off.
There's a skeeter on my peter, knock it off.
There's a dozen on my cousin, can't you hear those bastards buzzing?
There's a skeeter on my peter, knock it off!

We used to sing this around a campfire, believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!