Thursday, December 16, 2010

500th Post Vlog Spectacular

This is it... the moment you have all been waiting for! The 500th post spectacular!!




Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe (the Christie Way)


-4 servings of chicken breast (3-5 oz each), thawed, pounded flat to 1/4-1/2 inch
-4 slices of ham
-4 slices of Swiss cheese (I used Fat Free)


-Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
-Lightly spray a baking pan (9x13 should do) with olive oil/cooking spray
-Cut each chicken breast lengthwise almost in half and open up.
-Place one piece of ham and one piece of cheese in each slit, close chicken flap.
-Pin in place with toothpicks if you want, be sure to remove them after baking though.
-Cook uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear.

Now when I was fat, I used to put toothpicks in the chicken to hold it all together, then coat each piece of chicken in mayo, and then coat in seasoned bread crumbs. It makes very juicy chicken, but you can get a similar taste if you just follow my cooking tips under the recipes. Actually I was skinny when I discovered this recipe, but still, its very fattening and a waste of perfectly good mayo that can go on a sandwich.

Christie's Awesome Seasoned Potatoes


-12 oz of red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges, skin still on. 
-Hidden Valley Ranch powdered seasoning. Just a pinch
- 1 Tblsp garlic powder or seasoned salt. 
- 2 Tblsp butter, melted. 


Mix your seasonings with the butter and pour over your potato wedges. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 50-60 minutes until tender.


Bonus: Awesome dip- Mix together 1/4 c each of fat free sour cream and fat free mayo with 2 T of the ranch powder, mix, and chill for at least 30 minutes. This is really good to dip your potatoes in.

Did you all like the vlog? Tell me what you thought about it! Do you want me to do another one sometime? Do you never want to see my face again? It's okay, let me know!


Upcoming Posts:

I am going to the chiropractor on Friday (tomorrow) morning so I will have an update on that. Hopefully my doctor is really cool and will let me show pics of my xrays. I think I have what is called a "luxating patella" but will know for sure tomorrow.

I also have to do my "Then and Now" pics. I will also do a pants comparison, since I am down 2 full jeans sizes and shirts too. How fun!

Special thank you to my sweet and wonderful husband, who so kindly helped me shoot and edit this video. Who am I kidding, he edited the whole thing. :) Thanks, Brian.

5 comments:

  1. I excited to watch this video! Lemme come back in the morning when I can force my eyes open :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm looks good yum :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - I'm finally back!
    I loved your video! You're so cute and I loved hearing your voice.

    I'm totally going to try your potato recipe (not the chicken only b/c I don't eat meat) I love your idea of adding a little water to the butter and I must try ranch seasoning. I'd never heard of it before.

    Congrats on your 500th post! I love your blog :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've watched your vlog and I love it. It's nice to put a voice next to the blog. I've never tried ranch seasoning either, but now I want to. And try your cordon bleu. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!