Saturday, April 9, 2011

Goals for April

My biggest goal in April is to get all caught up financially. But that's coming along well, so no point in re-hashing all of that.

I also want to start painting again. I did one fantastic painting in high school of a giant turkey in pointillism, which is my favorite form of painting.

I have a fantastic idea for a painting and I think it would make a fantastic Father's Day gift. I don't have any reason to worry my dad has no idea how to read my blog. I'd be shocked and confused if he ever found it without my mom's help.

I want to make a giant painting of their dog, Goober. My dad loves Goober pretty much more than anything and already has some awesome items. He has a stone etching of Goober when he was a puppy and their house has slowly been taken over of majestic goldens in paintings of wheat fields and whatnot.

I really wanted to get a wooden puzzle of a Golden. A user on Etsy made them with a saw, and you could customize the name. It would spell out "golden" but she could easily do "goober" except she wanted $40 for that, when the original was $12. Uhm. no thanks.

And then it hit me... I should start painting again! I really enjoy it and I can't think of a better subject (Goober is a ham for the camera... something I taught him when he was a puppy! It's all my fault! I pulled out my phone to grab so many pics now every time you pick up a phone he thinks its time for a picture and gives his 'best side')

I also want to fill our apartment with more paintings. I think this would be easier than buying them, since they are like $5,000,000,000 dollars and I am already -$5,000,000,001! hahaha. I'm thinking I should frame the turkey head I did, and then paint some geese/ducks/peacocks as well as some flowers and just slap them on the walls all over.

I also would like to get a sewing machine... anyone have one that they are willing to sell? As I have been looking and the cheapest one new I can find is $50 and the cheapest used I can find is like... $75.... so that will not do.


I ran outside for the first time today! Well jogged. With Max for about 40 seconds. Which is forty seconds longer than I have since like... ever. so that was a huge accomplishment. I may take C25K to the pavement and skip the treadmill all together. I want to do 1 C25K session outside this month. (With Max)

2 comments:

  1. Another great idea for both selling your paintings and aquiring more - Consignment shops! I have an amazing painting of Vietnam that I got from a consignment shop. It was a steal at $150 - the frame alone is worth that. The artist, apparently, got tired of it and decided to sell it. It's one of a kind and I've loved it for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wrote down your goals! Best of luck reaching them :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!