Friday, February 5, 2010

Calorie Conflicts

I just popped in Wii Fit, its been almost 3 weeks lol
First it yelled at me for not showing up for so long
then it yelled at me for gaining weight
and then, it yelled at me when it asked if I noticed if Hubby was looking fitter, fatter, toned, or the same. I said the same, and it told me I need to pay more attention to him.

After flipping off the tv, I started training. (he gets enough attention, thank you!)
I did 5 minutes of Yoga and burned 5 calories according to wii fit.
According to my Lose it! App, 5 minutes is 14 calories.

I did 20 minutes of aerobics on Wii Fit, and only burned 37 more calories.
I input "low impact aerobics" into lose it and came up with 145 calories.

Now, to me, it seems I burnt the 145. And here's why. I did step exercise basic, then I did advanced. I did hula hooping, then I did advanced on the second tier, which is 6 minutes instead of three. I ended up doing 1578 hula hoop spins in 6 minutes. I was gasping for air, had a stitch in my side, pain in my chest, and my legs were going numb. So, I will stick with 145 calories burned, thanks.

I really feel that nothing quite counts exercise calories correctly. My numbers never match up. Even on the Elliptical and I run 30 minutes burn 150 calories according to the machine, to Lose it! I burn like 300.

But Lose it doesnt always over shoot things. oh no. You can log your erm bedroom activities in as well. And the average calories burnt is... 5 per 15 minutes. I dont know about you... but that seems a little ...low.

However, you can input your own exercises. I do that for EA and it seems to actually be more accurate. Burn 150 calories or so per 20 minutes of exercise, that seems pretty good.

I dont know what to trust really, but as long as I am exercising, who really cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!