Saturday, April 24, 2010

1 every 5 challenge

I mentioned before that I have a wedding to go to.
I also mentioned that I am going on vacation. These two events are very close together, though one I am officially attending and the other will be planned around the first.

Either way. I have decided to do the 1 in every 5 challenge. A neat little name I came up by myself. The wedding is in 105(ish?) days.
The vacation will be roughly about the same, probably later.

I want to lose 20 lbs in 105 days. So thats about 1lb every 5 days. See, isnt it fun!?

The plan:

-1400 calories a day. No cheating. Once I run out, its either a) exercise for more calories or 2) sleep.
-Curves 3x a week, no excuses.
-2 bike rides a week, 4 miles each. No excuses.
If its rainy, then Stella.
-TRACK JOURNAL TRACK JOURNAL and then more journaling and possibly extra tracking.
-4 glasses of water a day. I have a problem drinking my water.

-Get more hobbies. Maybe make doilies or something. Finish that stupid blanket. Make more candles. Go shopping! YAY Anything to reduce boredom.


Now lets be realistic, I dont expect to every 5 days lose exactly one pound. I like to average things. I'd love to lose two or three a week at first then see how I average out. I am not even setting my bar very high. I dont like disappointment.

I have only been half assing it lately and it has to stop. I am not even feeling very much like myself, I feel depressed and antsy, anxious, and unhappy. I remember feeling that way when I ballooned up to 237 lbs. I used to weigh 185.

Give 100%. Give 100%. Give 100%.

Todays plan: I made a deal with hubby. I told him if he threw away the bathroom trash, I would scrub both bathrooms ceiling to floor. I think this counts as exercise. I would also rather scrub a toilet then throw the trash away. I just cant stand it.

I also have to clean the kitchen. Goodness you think I would be a clean person being home all the time lol :( Oh well. One thing at a time. I might even put up a fancy little sidepanel thing of my 1 in 5 challenge. See if hubby will design it for me.

Yesterday I made a candle, raspberry lemonade scented. I also finished a section of my blanket and started on another. I do 6 rows of half double crochets (nothing fancy lol) in dark blue and 3 rows of hdc in white. It's got 3 full sections of blue and white, and 1 section of blue, and .5 of a white for a total of 35.5 rows. Which totals about 14".

Averaging this out (I like averaging) every three rows (rounding up) is an inch. That means to make 48" i have to have 144 rows. Sheesh. Each row also has 160 stitches.

If I do an inch a day, I will have it done in time with the wedding. LOL I didnt plan that.

I want to learn to make doilies too. My gramma was making one and I was very jealous of it. but I am scared to try, because the last time I tried to make something that she made, it didnt turn out well. She was taking cake decorating classes and was showing me she knew how to make a rosebud and that they were going to make roses but it would take 3 lessons they were so hard. She had a book with instructions so I asked her if I could try it. I made a decent looking rose my first try, and she called me a bitch. LOL

Note: I say "decent looking" because for a while there, I was actually a cake decorator and learned how to make them in all different varieties. My favourite coworker taught me how. I learned so much from him.

2 comments:

  1. In addition to your great goals for your challenge, I'm glad you are also adding goals to have more hobbies to prevent boredom...since boredom can equal eating. I have always wishes that being all out exercise boy would be a hobby, but that isn't likely to materialize... I still like my downtime. I guess blogging and following blogs is my new hobby.

    Oh...and don't forget to TRACK and JOURNAL...you didn't mention it...lol j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do anything you put your mind to kid.........making roses for cakes and doilies too. Yay gramma got her first one done today . paula going to show me how to finish it starching and all that stuff. show you monday

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!