Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot Hot HOT

Its really unseasonably warm. Pretty much a heat wave across the whole country. How is everyone handling it? Me, not too well. Its really hot.

HOT.

We've had our air conditioning looked at twice with in the last week and now we have figured out we are losing a lot of cool air from our sliding door, it doesnt stay closed properly. So we've taken a dowel rod and used it to help keep the door closed. Its already much cooler. I am so excited.

Tomorrow is Curves. I plan on going really early (10 am lol) and getting it over with before the temperature soars into the upper nineties. Also we are going swimming. I love swimming so much. Nothing better than laying in the pool after a hard workout and soaking up some sun. Or water jogging. Which is awesome!

We didnt go to aquacise today but that's ok. I don't mind.

Our holiday weekend was fun. We burnt our steaks a little, but I saved most of it from certain destruction lol

I have been working lots so not much time for anything else and I have been trying to catch up on sleep. I have been eating low carb all day except for dinner, and its really curbed my appetite and cravings for chocolates and sugars. I crave pasta, and then I have it for dinner. And then I am good.

I like eating lots of protein, its my natural instinct, and I have been putting my veggies in as well. I am making lots of meals and we are eating out much less. I even started a chore chart and a journal to help me reflect on the day and stay motivated, to look at the bigger picture. I am also back down to 225 lbs.

I found a picture of me the other day, and I considered posting it but I have decided against it. It seems I was the only one excited about how much weight I've lost and how different I look now. Everyone else who has seen it just looked at it and said "Yeah... you were pretty bad"

So there you go. Now no one gets to see it. But it makes a great before pic. I'll wait a little more, until I get to my first milestone (20 lbs lost)

I am really enjoying summer this year and I have spent more time in the sun than I have in the last few years combined. I have noticed that I am feeling a lot more human-- ie happy, and peppy-- since I have switched my medications. I really think that was a contributing factor.

I guess what I am saying is "stop worrying, start living"

Life is a ride. Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!