Monday, August 2, 2010

Bloodwork

Now that hubby has great insurance I am going to get my bloodwork that my doctor has been asking me to do for a while now.

I'm nervous. I'm not a fan of needles in any sense, but I do donate blood on a semi-regular basis (twice a year, trying to get hubby to do it more often too, because he has "pure" blood and they always need that)

I'm going to have my thyroid checked, to see if there are any underlying issues (ie pre-diabetes, diabetes, whatever else) and it's a great idea. I just don't want to do it. But I am not going to let my reluctance or apprehension to stand in the way. Just because I don't want to face facts doesn't mean they aren't there. Or maybe nothing will be wrong. Who knows? That's why I am doing this in the first place.

There is some family history that concerns the dr, and he is just doing his job and looking out for me. I'll make an appointment for after the 15th and see what I have to do.

It would be so easy to go ostrich on this one. To bury my head in the sand. But I am not.

I'll keep you all updated. Wee!

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!