Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christie's Tricksy Lasagna!

Before we get into how awesome of a cook I am, let me show you how awesome I am.
Do you like my babydoll/cardigan combo?
This is me down 8.4 lbs!
Don't I look sexy? Also my dress is a bit too big already. It could be because its actually a 1X rather than an XL, but I'd love to think its because I'm 8.4 lbs lighter than I was when I ordered it!


My parents and grandma came over for lunch and to hang out so I made my famous lasagna. Being on weight watchers though, I decided to improve my already awesome recipe.

Normally it looks like this

*1 lb ground beef
* 9 lasagna noodles
* 1 jar spaghetti sauce (Prego)
* 2 bags of shredded cheese
* 2 cups 4% milkfat cottage cheese
* diced onion and garlic

But not this time. Noooo. It looked like this


* 1/2 lb ground beef
* 1/2 lb ground turkey
* 9 lasagna noodles
* 2 cups of V8 veggie juice
* 1/2 cup diced onion
* 1/2 cup diced green pepper
* 1 16 oz can of petite diced tomatos with garlic and olive oil
* 1/2 cup of pureed spinach
* 3/4 cup fat free cheddar
* 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese

And guess what? EVERYONE agreed it was the best lasagna ever. I also have some piccies too. Soon as I find my camera cord. I'm going to go on a hunt for it now. *grabs a gun* Be vewwy vewwy quiet I'm hunting wabb-- er camewa cowds!



First we brown the meat- beef and turkey
 I also sauteed some onion and green pepper in too.

Let's add in some tomatoes!


Let's add some spinach!

V8 to the rescue!

Mixed all together

Simmering... looks so good....

The rest of the cast. I actually didnt use that other mexican cheese
Making brownies! These also have spinach in them! Shhhhh

My new kitchen scale!

It likes me! It really likes me!
 I didn't take any pics of my lasagna done or my brownies. We were all too hungry by the time it was done. And some stupid woman decided she needed to take pics for her blog. ;)

It was delicious, there wasnt any leftovers. The brownies went over very well too! My parents took half home of them, and the other half was devoured by my hungry husband. He kept exclaiming "I can't believe these have spinach in them!" It's true. They did.

So there you go, picture overload. Now that I have found my cord, I have no excuse not to use my camera more often.

6 comments:

  1. yayyy for finding that cord!
    i haven't had lasagna in foreverrrrrr
    you've inspired me!
    and that outfit = fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the first photo and I thought "hot"! The hair, the babydoll, the boobies :) oh no question you look sexy! and a lasagnia cooking sexy wow the best kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, Christie! And more importantly, happy. :) I just might have to try that new and improved lasagna, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit!

    And the lasagna sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you on my blog! Come and get it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I haven't done a recipe post in ages. I've been eating such boring things lately!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!