Sunday, May 29, 2011

Unplugged or is that Disconnected?

Hmm so after some thought, I decided on a few things. This month is extremely tight. Like, we are short for rent.

Our rent is considered still on time if we pay by the 3rd. If it's turned in on the 4th, it's an extra $50 on top of rent and an additional $10 per day it's late. If it's not paid by the 10th, you get evicted. Ouch.

So, needless to say, I was panicking.

But it's okay, because I have a plan. or an iPlan.

We have iPhones, naturally. And they are cool. But it occurred to us that we really only use our phones to text, and the occasional phone call. So it seems silly to pay for so much when really, we need so little. We are required to pay $60 for the data plan, on top of our phone/texting plan, which adds up to $160 a month. What I really want to do is cancel AT&T and just get a prepaid phone, but it's too expensive to cancel. The other option is to "downgrade" our phones. If we get basic, AT&T compatible phones and call up AT&T, we can cut out the data package, and maybe some other things, dropping our bill to under $100 a month.

Bonus: Selling the phones will also give us the extra cash we so desperately need for rent.

But here's the "downside"... I will be without a phone for 4-7 days. As in, you cannot get a hold of me. As in... if there were an emergency and Brian was at work I would not be able to get a hold of him. Sure I can email him (he will be keeping his phone until I get my new one) so he will be able to check his email and of course there is skype and instant messaging, so it's not a total loss.

It's weird because I am kind of looking forward to being disconnected from everyone for a while. I am looking forward to not having to answer texts/calls and if you want to get a hold of me, you will have to email me or Facebook me. Ahaha. It's old school with a new school twist.

The iPhone is on eBay now. I purchased the "new" phone. We will see how long it takes me to sell the iPhone, usually they sell like hot cakes (obviously not my first time selling one!) My new phone should be here by June 7.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! You'll make it! Smart decision girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea you are smart love u kid :>)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!