Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cravings

I don't eat a whole lot any more. Bonus to pregnancy- it's shrinking my stomach! I'm learning again what a true "normal" portion size is because that's all I can stomach (literally)

So because I'm not eating, when I get a craving for a specific food, I pretty much always get it. Sometimes its cheese fries from Steak n' Shake, other times it's a chicken, bacon & swiss from Arby's.

Lately? It's been baked potatoes. I bought a 5 pound bag of Russets, and I ate 5 potatoes today. (4 of them were really small, so I doubled up on those). I put real butter, real sour cream, real cheese, and real bacon on them. Oh. My. GOD!! Heaven!!

I must be craving carbs and potassium because that is all I am eating! I'm happy it's not cheese fries, or fried chicken but of course I'm going to put butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon on it! It's what I want! I'm still sitting at 222 so I'm not losing or gaining any weight.

I don't crave sweets really, I'm a big fan of salty, but I've always enjoyed salty over sweet. I'd much rather have a bag of Chex mix than a bag of Peanut Butter M&M's (don't get me wrong, if I could have both, I definitely would.) ....that sounds delicious right now... dumping a little package of m&m's into a bag of chex mix, shaking it and munching on it all night... yummy...

There's an old wive's tale that if you crave sweets you're having a girl, and if you crave sour/salty you are having a boy. I must be destined for one of each though! :)

Today was so hot all I could think of was baked potatoes and milk shakes... so I might head on out to get a milkshake from Steak n' Shake (they're half off from 2-4 am & 2-4 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!