Friday, September 2, 2011

Go Big or Go Home

Brian's got his game design group over tonight and we are hashing out the details. We are getting pretty far into it (even talk of investors)

I was talking to the CEO last night and he was telling me all sorts of good news!

They are planning on hitting the Game Developers Conference this October.

After this, they plan on releasing the full version of the game by Halloween.

Brian is not just "the art guy". He's the art guy who has about 5 other people working under him, who need his approval to continue on the project. Yeah, pretty awesome! Lead Concept Artist is his title.

March everyone is flying out to San Fran. Minus me. And the baby. I have to stay ;)

Nothing is definitely set in stone yet (aside from the convention in October) The CEO is pouring all of his time, effort, and money into this thing to make it work. Brian is so excited. I am excited.

I'm excited because this is exactly what Brian wants to do with his life. Work with a small game studio as a concept artist. And he already has his dream job! 26 years old and hit his lifetime wish. Wow. I am so proud of him.

So that's really all I can say about it. I hope that we will hear back from the CEO in a few days to see if the investors have given the company money, or if we have to wait. It's exciting! I keep shaking my money tree hoping that none of the business meetings fall through and that the investors will invest how much they have been saying.


2 comments:

  1. Exciting news for your partner...love the post title...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome awesome! I'd be happy to be a game consumer, so let me know where I can get my hands on it in October!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!