Thursday, February 2, 2012

Postpartum Update Week #4

I feel very full of confidence lately. I haven't had anything to worry about in a week or so, which is a very odd feeling. I have been worried about something in some manner or another all this last month, and now it feels like I am getting in the swing of things.

I feel capable of taking care of my son. I feel I can calm him down (most of the time) with little effort. I feel more comfortable holding him (not worried I will drop him or anything) and more comfortable bathing him.
I feel like I am in my element... this week, anyway. Babies change so much.

I feel strong. Hefting the baby around all day is no easy task (especially since he got weighed today- he is 10lbs 13 oz) I feel like I am more myself again.

I am eager to get in the kitchen again. I am eager to cook and bake and to even do some dishes. What can I say, I'm getting bored. And although we are having unseasonably warm days, I don't really want to take the baby for a walk in the stroller, probably because I haven't figured out how I'd get the baby and the stroller down 3 flights of stairs and then BACK up them.

I'm happy with how I look, considering. I am happy with the image in the mirror. I do want to continue to lose weight and get healthy, but it's different this time. It's sort of a casual, gradual journey this time, rather than trying to go from 0 to 60 and then getting so upset things aren't going the way I want to. I'm still bigger than I've been. I am wearing size 22W, the biggest ever. But I am choosing flattering cuts and colors, and trying to dress well, that way I always feel good about myself. The clothes fit wonderfully. I feel wonderful in them. So size is not really an issue. I don't want to be a 22W forever, or even for the next few months, but I know that size isn't everything.

I still haven't taken a picture of myself. It's not because I am ashamed or anything like that, it's just I don't have any time. Any time I do get, I'd rather do anything else! I mean, I enjoy sleeping as much as possible these days, editing YouTube videos, and watching DVDs. I don't have time for anything as mundane as taking pictures of myself.

Anyway, that's enough time spent blogging. :)

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you're in a really great place my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So happy for you my dear. Hope you get your stroller situation figured out! Is there room to just keep it in the car & only carry baby down?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!