Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sleeping Beauty

Yesterday, Drake was really cranky. 2pm rolled around and he usually takes a nap anywhere from 2-3 for about an hour or two and it was so hot, he couldn't fall asleep. Cue crabbing for 4 hours. He mostly just gurgled and half heartedly cried his displeasure at not being able to fall asleep, but at 6 pm he hit full out meltdown mode.

He cried and cried and then fell asleep. Probably from exhaustion. Then he slept only in his diaper until this morning at 6 am. I kept checking on him periodically to see if he was cold but he never was. Today it was a lot cooler so he was getting chilly this morning. After I dressed him (he woke up) I just sort of left him in his crib. I didn't talk to him or look at him while dressing him and I patted his butt a few times then left.

He fell back asleep and then woke up at 10:30!! So both me and Brian got fantastic sleep! We went to bed at 2:30 so we both got 8 hours. That hasn't happened in a long time. (Unless, you know, we had my parents look after him)

He then hung out for about an hour and a half in his swing. Then he wanted a nap. So he is now sleeping again.

I understand that he is sleepy, the weekends wear him out, but I am thinking it might be another growth spurt. Simply because he's been learning so much lately, I think he is worn out.

He's learning to blow raspberries
Stand on hands and knees
Mimic what we do
Hold his bottle
Teething

That's a lot for a little guy to go through at once.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the growth spurt and learning new things. I know when my little guy when thru all that he was pretty exhausted....in fact going on a 1.5 hour nap at the moment.... :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!