Friday, December 26, 2008

My Christmas

As petty as it seems, I am choosing to relay my gifts for all the interwebs to see.

From my dad, I got a lovely gift. A wonderful gold and diamond necklace. It's very pretty, and I'm not sure whether he actually picked it out or my mom or grandma did, but it doesn't matter. It's beautiful and I love it.

My grandma gave me $50 and a bracelet (happens to match the necklace almost perfectly, hence why I think my dad may have had a little help)

My mother bought me probably something more treasured than the jewelry if you can believe it, she bought me a whole set of books. I love to read and since yesterday, in the course of 24 hrs I have knocked out 3 of the 5 books I hadn't read. She also paid for my cats to get taken care of, for which I am really grateful and a wonderful faux-fur coat that looks and feels real. It's my baby. 

My granny gave me $100 which promptly went to cover bills that unexpectedly came up. Yay real life! I still need to send her out a thank you card. This is on my to-do list. Maybe I will send her a picture of me and the Fiance and our babies (the kittens).

My uncle and his gf gave me $100 for ballroom dancing, which went to my mom's gift. Hahah. Shh. (The woman got a Kindle if you can believe it, spoiled rotten she is. But at least she hadn't bought one herself, that I know of. I'm going to find out soon enough though....)

The Fiance and I got a second kitten for our first, to have as a playmate. Little did we know the beautiful bastard had fleas and roundworm and would have died if mom hadn't footed the bill. He still needs his second shot, but I am really grateful she paid for him. He wouldn't have made it til we were settled in again financially. Slow work load sucks. They send you home and your pay suffers.

He also bought me mixing bowls, pans, knives, and more dinnerware. Just the thing I wanted. He got lots of games and gaming accessories, just what HE wanted.


It was a great haul this Christmas, and despite the fact we were running low on money, I still managed to scrape together over $160 to give to our friends who had their apartment burn. They lost everything, including about 5k worth of expensive designer bags (Coach, Dooney, MK, you name it, it burnt) and over $20k in assorted possessions. Not to mention the priceless antiques they had. 

....suddenly $160 doesn't seem like much ;_; But I know they are grateful for all the help. Our apartment has become a soup kitchen and safe house for most of our friends. They have either been laid off or displaced from fires, and ice storms, or both.

I believe this is why I am struggling financially. But its a good heart warming struggle, and although I work through the nose for my job and all I have (with the occasional treat from my parents) I certainly can't stand by when my friends and family need me most. Plus, it always comes full circle. I believe that for sure. 


Hope everyone had a lovely Holiday and I'm sorry I rambled on. I need to email my mom some pictures and work up the gumption to get dressed and return her tupperware. I also have my dad's gift to drop off. 

2 comments:

  1. "$160 doesn't seem like much ;_; But I know they are grateful for all the help." Yeah we sure saw how that turned out...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!