Monday, January 12, 2009

New cookbooks

I saw my mom today and she had the nicest "nammies" (pajamas) so I went out and bought myself some too. They aren't fluffy like hers, but pinstriped pants and a long sleeve tee in green and they hug my butt, which I love. 

My ankle is killing me, must be the weather, jeez I hate winter.  We're supposed to get loads of snow tonight. I hope we don't and I hope we do. Wishy washy as always, but I can't decide whether tomorrow would be a good day to curl up with a book or go earn? Hmm. If I could earn by reading.... 

Speaking of reading....


I bought a few new cookbooks today and one of them was Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. It's about getting your kids to eat their fruits and veggies without the hassle

Don't worry, Mom, you aren't about to become "Grandma" I'm doing this for the pickiest eater in the household.... me. The Fiance and the Brother (my boys)  will eat anything I put in front of them. And even if it's not that great, they still eat it. No fear with kitchen catastrophes with them. They eat lots of veggies. Their favorites? Broccoli. Cauliflower. Squashes. Everything I WON'T eat.

So, I thought I'd give it a whirl after I discovered I liked tomatoes. Okay. Green pepper is yummy too. Alright. Broccoli? Ew. Spinach? If I see it, I pick around it. But if I don't see it, I eat it... 

Hmmmm..... What does it matter HOW I get them, as long as I get them? Anything's better than nothing! Well, it's not just veggies but fruits. I can't eat fruit, it's a texture thing. (Veggies are a mental road-block "See veggies, run") But fruit? I just don't like the texture. Love berries (pureed, of course) apples (sliced) and that's about it. But what about learning to eat bananas? Cantalope? Pineapple? 

I can do it if I just make the effort...to hide them.

The other cookbook is for the Brother. He has been dying to learn Asian Cuisine for a while now and I thought I would get him a very late Christmas gift so he can do something enjoyable. Or I can make it if he's too tired. Hahah. Either way, we both win. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!