Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Domestic Day (Keeping Busy)

My mom and I share designer bags, well, really she has a Prada and a Coach and she's nice enough to let me use them.

Anyway, we just switched so I have the Coach again (which I absolutely love, and want more so we can trade more things!) and it was a little run down. I mean, between two full time busy people, it was bound to happen, right? And neither of us know anything about bags. Thankfully, my gay friend knows EVERYTHING about bags. He came over last night and I begged him to look over the Coach again and tell me, truthfully, if it was real or not. He looked it over and he scared me a few times but he looked things up and told me it was real and showed me how to tell! Ok, then he looked inside the bag and said "Belinda! You need to take care of this bag! Oh no!" (Belinda isn't my name, just a pet name, I guess)

So we dump out all my possessions, my awesome iTouch, an extra contact case, glasses, wallet, earphones, phone, keys... etc. And he pulls out the lining and shakes it out and uses a damp cloth and cleans and cleans and cleans. Then after it's cleaned, he takes an eraser and starts going at the suede. Oh it looks so pretty!

He told me when the lining was dry to take a clean cloth and spray febreeze on it, then let it dry and run to the Dollar Store and buy some tissue paper so I can stuff it and give it its shape back.

Yay!

Then we went to a second hand clothing store today and they had a bunch of Dooney and Burkes, Coach bags, Burberry bags, wallets and cell phone holders, all for really good prices and they were REAL!!! But I didn't have any money. I saw a beautiful cell phone holder which held my phone perfectly, for only $16!!!! But the fiance said no, wisely. I decided I am going to treat myself after we get a credit card paid off. (The fiance said this is ok.)

Then we went to the mall and looked at all the new Coach stuff at Macy's (again, reminding myself... pay off a credit card...)

We went to the bank after this and transfered all the unemployment money into our account and I took out $20 for items we really need. We went to the dollar store and bought tissue paper, a bunch of cleaning supplies, rubber gloves and cat litter. Then we come home and start Operation: Clean Apartment. So far, I've cleaned both bathrooms (hands and knees scrubbing toilets and tubs! Ugh!)

Now the fiance is home with the cat litter, so it's time to clean the smelly box and vaccuum and Febreeze! Yay!


How's that for keeping busy?

2 comments:

  1. He came over and stuffed the bag and put support in it, and I'm going to let it stay like that for a while and when you get it back it should be better i will take a pic

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!