Saturday, February 7, 2009

Redecorating

Our gay friend said "You have nice furniture but it just doesn't work in this apartment."

I was puzzled, because the apartment is white and beige and our dark blue furniture can't possibly not match? So I asked him what he suggested then, and he said we were more of warm colors than cool ones, meaning more reds and oranges than purples and blues and greens. Which is ok, our bedroom is in red and gold and its very pretty. We also have a dark wood computer desk in our room and it looks really good together.

He said we could sell our furniture on Craigslist, and probably get about $350 for the couch and recliner together (My jaw dropped at the low price... but no one pays well for used furniture...)

We went "Goodwilling" and ran around town through the Salvation Armies and Goodwills and I found a folding fan with blues, greens, yellows, and red and black for the hallway and a set of 3 plaques depicting mushrooms, made in the 70's or so, that are going in our kitchen.

I'm still debating on the furniture. While it's not very comfortable, it was from my parents. And the whole "unemployed thing." But our friend said that he got his couch for $400 off of Craigslist (it's really nice) and then we would only have to come up with $50 + money for a chair. Which we could do...

But I told him: "Let's see if we can find stuff to make the furniture 'match' and if we can't, we'll sell it." I figured that would work.

While I respect his opinion and love his style.. I'm not that willy nilly with money right now. If we really really bargain hunt, I guess we could do it.


He also wants us to get rid of our chairs (So do I!) and paint the chair rail.

Our chairs definitely have to go. They are wicker, and they fall over because they are top heavy. They are atrocious. And a gift from Fiance's parents. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!