Monday, July 20, 2009

The Best I've Heard

I like to donate blood.
I've given it twice since I was 17.
The first, I was all pumped up. I ate tuna for a week straight so I would have enough iron in my blood.
I filled up my bag rather quickly.

The second was in college
We were on the American Red Cross Bloodmobile.
The woman set me all up, but something was wrong.
I dont know what happened, it may have been too cold, or my body may have freaked out.
The needle clogged up, my blood coagulated and the nurses began to blood let me.

It was a scary experience, seeing your blood tumble out of your arm. In the end, we got it taken care of, and they filled up my bag.
I still have a small scar.

Then I was diagnosed with cervical dysplasia. A form of the HPV virus, it caused cells in my cervix to become abnormal. Nothing too serious, the tissue was removed and the virus went into remission.

I worried I wouldn't be able to give blood anymore, or that I had already donated infected blood.

I got a bug up my butt today and looked it up and apparently, I can still donate blood. It's the best news I've heard in a long time, and it almost made me cry.

Now, I need to convince the hubby to donate as well, he has "pure blood" the only kind that can be given to newborns.

1 comment:

  1. aww did you think you were damaged goods
    lol
    go give blood
    what is pure blood

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!