Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eat Better America

Yesterday I didn't work out at ALL
I was entirely too sore.
Consequently, I couldn't sleep well last night and ended up overeating.

Wii Fit yelled at me this morning for that! Haha!

I found a wonderful website, through BettyCrocker.com, called Eat Better America.
(http://www.eatbetteramerica.com) They have lots of yummy traditional recipes with a healthier twist. I just love it!

Some of my favourites too! Like lasagna, stuffed shells, and fettuccine alfredo! (I like my Italian!)
Easy one skillet meals too.
And yes... yummy desserts!

Most recipes feature fewer calories, but not all. Some just have more vitamins, or less sodium, so be careful!

I also looked up how many calories I need to consume to maintain my current weight (which helps me figure out how many I need to cut or burn during exercise to lose weight)

Apparently I have been consuming 2100+ a day! As it stands, thats about... 700 calories I dont want!

Anyway, here's what I have done so far for my food and exercise log. (It's a handy app called "LOSE IT" on the iPhone) According to my app, my daily budget is 1400 cals. I am going to try and get at least in 500 cals of exercise a day, as I didn't realize how easy it can be!

Tuesday Jan 5 2010:

Breakfast (which was at 2.30pm lol)
Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's 380 cal
Water

Lunch: (which was at 5.30)
"Healthier Sweet and Sour chicken" 335 cals
-1 cup Uncle Bens Rice 190 cals (I omitted the butter, but didnt bother counting it out)
-1 chicken breast, cubed into 1" pieces 120 cals
-1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg subsitute, 30cals
-2 Tbl. Kikkoman Sweet and Sour sauce, 35 cals
-2 Tbl. Kikkoman Reduced Sod. Soy sauce, 20 cals

Usually I put diced carrot, peas, corn, and onion in there, but I didnt have any, so I flavoured it with garlic and onion powder and ground ginger (Dash each)

Haven't had dinner yet, so on to exercise!

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease:
I categorized this as "light impact dance aerobics" 20mins- 140 cals

Billy Blanks Celebrity Fitness Aerobics:
I put this under "high impact aerobics", as in 5 minutes I was sweaty, gasping for air and ready to quit! But I made it a full 30 mins! which is 317 cals!

Net cals for the day 312ish.

Don't worry! I will probably have a snack (either of yummy cottage cheese or an apple) and dinner. Dinner is usually my biggest meal, so I like to save most my cals for then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!