Friday, January 1, 2010

Goals for 2010

Okay, time to lay out my goals for 2010. It's not a very long list.

1) Get in shape.

Here's the game plan on this one. I am so obsessed about losing pounds, I get easily discouraged. This time, I'm not even going to bother with a scale. I'm all about BMI and inches this time.

I bought a tape measure and made up charts for my progress. I measured everything, arms, bust waist, hips, thighs, calves. I wrote down the starting numbers.
Every Monday is a remeasure for the week. Measurement Monday. (With a blog to match, with all my measurements.)

Wednesday is Weigh in Wednesday (only this time with my BMI instead of weight).
This handy thing will be calculated by my trusty Wii Fit Plus.

Work out every day. 30 minutes on Wii Fit Plus at least for the first few weeks, then I'll add in gym time as I go on.

2.) Pay off Hubby's Dead Car and Get Him a New One

This one is well underway. It gets paid off in January. Hopefully a new car in February, early March.

This also helps me, because not having my own car anymore, I never get out of the house. I dont like walking in snow. So, if I had a car, theoretically, I can go to the gym or the mall and walk for hours and hours.


3.) Pay off the credit cards.

this is just for financial security, really. Not anything to do with weight loss.


Here's the secret to goal 1.
I want to lose 73 pounds. So I will be updating it monthly, on how much I lose.
I would like to be down those 73 in 6-9 months.
Let's make 50 lbs in 6 months my goal. Thats less than 10 a month.

Lets look at a list of positives I have now, for motivation.

-I have a wonderful loving extremely supportive husband (and family)
-I am 22. Its now or never
-I have a good home
-I love to cook

So lets see how I can apply these to my weight loss

-Hubby will exercise with me, if I ask nicely
-I am 22 so it will be easier for me than if I waited til I was 30+
-I can use my housewife chores as exercise. Just add a little dance music and bump up the elbow grease.
-Start using healthy recipes.

Okay. So a long and difficult road ahead. No more excuses.
I do have a bum ankle so I can't just go running, like I hear some of you screaming at your monitors. I need low impact. EFX, swimming, etc.

Things I Would Like to Do:
-Be able to swim everyday
-Bend over to tie my shoes
-Go upstairs without panting like a wounded animal
-Feel sexy instead of a beached whale.
-Brush my teeth without my tummy jiggling.
-Eat my veggies, and learn to love fruit.
-Fit into my skinny jeans again. They are a size 13 Junior.
I'll have my butt into them some day again. I swear.

Yes these are embarrassing. But if I dont get over it and throw it all behind me, it will haunt me forever.

Benefits:
-My bum ankle and knees wont hurt as much.
-I'll be able to do the things I like for longer periods of time
-I will be happy and healthy
-Self confidence booster... If I think I can, then why can't I?
-Hubby deserves it. He married me at my heaviest, and under a lot of criticism for taking my last name. So I should at least be super lava hot for him, right? (not to mention it would shut up all the naysayers)



Sorry for the long blog, but this is helping me get it all out there. Calories, weightloss plans and skinny jeans and all.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a plan to accomplish your goals. YOU CAN DO IT!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello thanks for the comment, it really helps to know that someone else out there gives me some encouragement!

    Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!