Saturday, February 27, 2010

Positive Thinking

I know for me, keeping positive about something is very hard. I'm easily excitable, however, but maintaining motivation and positive thoughts is something very difficult for me. I suppose it's partly because I am an only child and so used to having things fall into my lap.

Anyway, last week, I had a discussion with my husband. While I was riding Stella, I struggled to make it past 5 minutes of continuous riding. Hubby asked if I was going to finish out half an hour. I think I glared at that point and told him to shut his mouth, he isn't fat he doesn't know how hard it is.

After that little blow up (not that it was a fight, but I probably shouldn't have snarled) I started thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I only stopped because I didn't *think* I could go on. Hmm...

This week one of my personal goals was to ride Stella in increasing increments, until I managed 15 minutes. I also said I wanted to be able to ride 3 miles in one session.

I officially blew both of those goals out of the water today. Not only was it my third consecutive session with Stella going at least 15 minutes, but I did one better, I went 18 minutes AND went 3.00 miles! WOW!

There were moments I wanted to quit. Basically any moment after I looked at the display and it said that I had a mile and a half to go, or it was 12 minutes on the clock. It was very difficult to talk myself through those moments.

But like always, I cranked up my Lady GaGa and soldiered on. I thought of everyone else I know or read about, who have completed their journeys or made a significant difference. It's hard to believe that it was only 7 days ago that I could barely do this much.

I have also noticed one small improvement: My bum sits just a little bit higher. Hardly noticeable, except to me. I spent most of yesterday grabbing my own ass to feel my tiny change. I spent the rest of it double checking with my husband. "Does it look any different? It feels different but I can't tell. Is it different?" lol

Here's pics for proof!

Me before Stella


18 minutes!


3 miles!



270 calories!


Me post session:



And there you have it!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you -- that is awesome! I've seen your blog around, but didn't know you were Mandatory Blog Here's daughter! :) You will get there - keep plugging away. I'm rootin' for ya!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, girl! For your efforts, and for being so cool and funny, I thought you were best to pass along the Gorgeous Blogger Award. Come to my page and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!