Monday, March 22, 2010

What I am Thankful for

I had been making my blog rounds and I am seeing that weight loss and progress seems to be slowing for a lot of my blog friends.

I thought right now, that I would make a list of things I am thankful for. It seems like in the rush of life, we all forget that every step forward is progress, and it's not always about scales or inches.


I was watching celebrity fit club: boot camp, and there was a woman with a prosthetic leg on the show, putting all the pudge buckets through a weight class, bike ride, and a race.

She beat all of them. Running on ONE leg. If that isn't humbling, then I don't know what is.

I had been told that if I didnt have my ankle surgery I wouldnt be able to walk today. And I even spent some time in a wheelchair, totally voluntary, but it still wasnt fun. I feel like that is something that really defines who I am.

Anyway, my thankful list, here we go....

I am thankful for

My family- You've always been there for me.
My husband- While you are technically family now, you have been there through thick and thin. You have changed my whole perspective on life.
My surgeries- Okay, these suckers... sucked. But I needed them and I am in way less pain than I used to be. I still have pain, but then again... I can walk. I am so thankful for the use of both of my feet. Anyone who has broken a bone can agree, it sucks to be limited.
The internet- With out this wonderful invention I would never have found Fat[free]Me's blog or Bitch Cakes, or any one else for that matter. I would never have known that REAL people can make real differences in their bodies. Also, I'd never have found LOLcats. Hehe ;)
My new town- While I desperately want to move away from you, I have found some nice little trails and parks, I enjoy walking round them and watching my husband show off with his roller blades.
Stella-I love you Stella. My precious little bike. :3 PS: I am getting a regular bike for the Spring and Summer, so I may not ride you as much.
My shape ups- Best $100 I ever spent on a pair of shoes. Note: Also the only pair of shoes I spent more than $50 on. You have so much support! You make it easy to walk further without the pain. I love you.
EA Sports Active- It's because of you that I found out that I like boxing. Oooh. Sweet boxing. And the dancing. HAHA.
Bouncy ball, aka Gold's Gym Stability Ball You make sit ups tolerable. I am totally trying push ups on you this week. It should be interesting.
Me- Most of all though, I am thankful for me. I have the ability to change how I look, what I do, and what I eat. It all starts with me before anything else. I am so thankful that I have the ability to do anything and everything that I want to do.


While the scale may not reflect everything I want it to, I know that I have come very far in a short amount of time. What are you most thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you too sugar boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alison, its easy to forget so time to put it in a place I see every day... my blog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww sugar boots and yay your down again

    ReplyDelete
  4. anything we want bad enough, we can do it just takes time .slow but sure smaller christie yay . keep up good job we love you :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you Gramma, yes you are right we can do anything we put our minds to, just look how far we've all come! YAY that being said... I'm eating pizza for dinner lol

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!