Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crunching the numbers

I mentioned before that I love crunching numbers. That is probably why I do the household budget. Its also VERY VERY BAD. Let me explain:

I crunch the numbers not because I like the number or we are BFFs or anything. I crunch numbers to see what I have and to see what I can get away with.
I write down all of our bills and then add it all up and then I average, per week, what we would have to make and spend on bills. Then I see what we have left over. So I can spend it. On stupid things that I cant even remember at the moment. Soda. Watches. Clothes.

I do the same with my calories. I have been off program for a few days or so. *coughweekcoughcough*
Tomorrow am starting fresh. 1400. I am deciding how I want to break it down. I am awake for about 15 hours a day, probably less most days. But we will stick with 15 because its an easy, rounding number.

Lets say I eat 5 times a day. I can make it so I can eat exactly 280 calories at a meal, 5 times a day, once every three hours. Wow! But that probably wont sustain me.

If I eat three times a day, I can have 466 calories, but that means I can only eat once every 5 hours. That doesnt sound fun at all. Except for the more calories.

See what I mean, I spend hours on this, trying to weasel out how many calories I can have at any certain given time.


In other news, I balanced the budget today to take my mind off food. I wondered if I could weasel out $25 for my curves smart tag and also another $25 for a manicure this week as well as another $20 for my tanning. Also I checked out apartments in Tulsa, OK! not moving there, but hubby applied for a job out there, so had to do my research.

Also went furniture browsing online today. Crocheted. Finished reading my favourite trilogy AGAIN and watched QVC. Made dinner, portioned it out and promptly refrigerated the rest. Thought about playing a video game, then Googled Tim Curry to see if he had a Twitter page. Sadly, he does not.

Realized that Tim Curry (who reads my favourite trilogy audiobooks) was the clown from IT and felt my heart sink a little. I adore his voice but I am terribly, terribly afraid of that clown.

Is it Monday yet? I am very much looking forward to it. There are several exciting things happening this week and I am anxious and hoping that things go well. I smell change on the horizon and can only hope that it brings Great Things.

Great Things is capitalized because thats how Great I want those Things to be.
Grreeeeeat! Like Tony the Tiger.

1 comment:

  1. When I was closely tracking calories, I didn't budget them out equally. I just ate normal items and usually found that I was under calorie by the time dinner time rolled around anyway. In short, don't get too hung up on it because I think you'll get the hang of it. It may be more helpful to plan specific meal options, i.e. cereal and milk, banana = 300 calories. Then you'll have a better idea of what kinds of meals you'll have and when.

    Looking forward to the Great news!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!