Sunday, May 2, 2010

200 and 400

Woah hooooo

What did this girl do?

I must be nuts.

Either that, or I was burning with desire.

Could have been that Lady Gaga that helped me along.

I did 200 crunches today.

If that isnt impressive enough

I also biked 4.44 miles and burned a total of 400 calories.

Woo FREAKING hoo. I am strong.



There was one point though, where I felt like I couldnt go on. I wanted to stop. I was half way there. A little more, 2.57 miles to be exact. I wanted to do 4.0 but I was battling myself. I had already done double of my last run you cant expect more out of me?

I started crying. It was partly the song. Partly because I was hitting that limit-that breaking point- where I thought I simply couldnt do any more.

I kept pushing though. Pain is fear leaving the body. Stress is how you make changes to your body. If you dont push it then how can you expect results?

It was my mantra. And let me tell you what, my tears dried up really quickly for two reasons

A) Its difficult to for me to do two things at once. I cant cry and peddle. Im not talented enough for that.

B) Sweat stings when it gets in your eyes, and crying, well it makes it worse.

Im not ashamed that I cried. Ok, a little at the song, because it didnt really mean anything on an emotional level to me. But it was another break through moment. I love those. I need those. I crave them.

Also I had two protein shakes today, one for lunch and one as a post bike ride thing. It tastes like liquid off brand peanut butter cups. If I could just get it to taste like a Reeses....

5 comments:

  1. You ARE strong! (and funny, too. ) That's great, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a good day! Way to get all hard core and stuff...200 crunches? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a machine! So proud of you, it is so hard to keep going when you hit a wall, but it feels amazing when you forge ahead regardless!! WTG.

    BTW, what protein drinks were they? I LOVE PB cups lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING! Keep it up girly!

    I hope you're not sore tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!