Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Awesome Chili Recipe

I made an awesome pot of chili tonight I must say so myself.

I pride myself on a few dishes that I make (lasagna being my most requested) and chili is my favorite easy meal.

I love making a big big big BIGGG pot of chili, that way I can feed myself and my hungry husband all week.


Here's how I made tonights:

3 lbs ground beef (or turkey, whatever floats your boat)
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 medium onion, chopped
2 pkts of chili season
3 Tbls chili powder
1 Tbls garlic powder
1 can petite diced tomatoes (you can put whatever kind of tomatoes here, I like petite diced because I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes in the first place)
1 large can of tomato sauce (or V8. I was going to buy v8 but forgot)

Brown the meat in the skillet, meanwhile chop up your onion and dump it in. When your meat is all done, go ahead and drain it. Then transfer to a big @$$ pot. Open and rinse all your beans. Dump. Open your tomatoes. Dump (keep the juice). Add your v8 or just regular tomato sauce. Add seasons. Then stiiiir. If it needs a little water, add some. Eyeball it , but dont put too much in.

Simmer. Oh yeah, and then simmer.

Simmer some more.

Break out the cheese and the crackers and dump in a bowl. Eaaaat!

I love chili. Ill be eating this all week.

2 comments:

  1. I love chili to...your recipe sounds great. I also portion the leftovers into freezer bags to save longer term...it really reheats well.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!