Thursday, May 20, 2010

Conquering Fear

Fear.

Oh boy.

do I have a lot of it!

One quote I love is "Being brave doesnt mean I'm not afraid, but having the courage to stand up to my fears"

Not sure who said it, but its something I admired.

I'm terribly afraid of people, since I have gotten laid off and been working at home I have become a hermit. I dont even answer my own door if I'm alone.

I have a peephole!

Just saying.

But I realized that I can't let my fears stop me.

I dont want to be held back in my weight loss journey just because I am afraid of going to Curves alone.

I also realized that I was basically forcing my mom to go with me, just because I didn't want to go alone. But I still really enjoyed going with her.

I love Curves. I'm tired of being held back by my own fears, my own stupid hesitancy.

How can I expect to change if I am not willing to go outside my comfort zone.

I mean, I dont even talk to people I know, but every season people will go on Biggest Loser and show the WORLD how fat they are?! WHAT?!

I can't do that! Yet I am supposed to lose weight? Pffft

Its not happening if I dont make myself go. Sure its a bit of a drive, but its worth it. The trainer is very nice and she makes me feel like I can do anything.

Plus I bought that silly (awesome) tag and I CANT quit going!

Im going. Tomorrow. Alone.

3 comments:

  1. WooT!~ Do you need a tweet, or something?

    Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also prone to fears as well...I try and put the one fear against another to see if one wins out. Am I more afraid to hit the gym, or more afraid to see the ER...hmm...seems like an easy choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Conquering this fear will help you get past weight loss and more. Keep it up, I think we all need a healthy doss of getting past our fears.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!