Friday, May 21, 2010

I am the CHAMPION!!

You know what? I went to Curves today.

Alone.


Yep. Drove all the way there (30 minute trip) thinking about how much its gonna suck to go alone and how boring it will be, and oh my goodness what if someone expects me to talk??

Then hubby called and I told him I was debating on going (even though I was already driving and more than half way there) he told me to just do it, I'm already committed.

And he was right. I was already committed. I was committed from the moment I put on my workout pants and tee shirt, my Shape ups and clambered into the car.

I was feeling blah (again the weather is the devil I swear, its been nothing but rainy all freaking week) but I used some awesome tunes to get me moving and motivated.

The song "Loser" by Three Doors Down was playing, and I really like that song, it made me think today though, how stupid it is I'm letting my fears get in the way, and why would I want to keep gorging myself on food and not be slim and happy(happier)

This is getting old.
I can't break these chains that I hold
My body's growing cold
There's nothing left of this mind or my soul.
Addiction needs a pacifier, the buzz of this poison is taking me higher


And thats how I sort of felt yesterday. That I was helpless. Might as well give in. But I didnt.

And lets look back on my accomplishments, so we can see how much I've done this week alone.

I biked for 45 minutes, burning 600 calories on Tuesday
I went to the zoo for 2.5 hours, and burned 600 calories walking Wednesday
Thursday I went on a walk with my neighbor, for about 20 minutes
And today I went to Curves--alone!-- and burned 338 calories.

I felt every single calorie too. I totally worked my buns (and abs, and arms, and legs) off, pushed myself as hard as I could go. I even got my heart rate up near 200 lol

What a great week, and a great work out too! I totally feel much much better. I am still blah and full of the weather blues but other than that I have been doing very well I think!

PS: Fiber, you and I are on speaking terms again. The scale moved from 226.5 yesterday to 223.4 today.

YAY!

3 comments:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!