Friday, May 14, 2010

It was a (fantastic) Curves day

I got my CurveSmart tag today. I had to do the circuit about 4 times instead of the 2.5 to set it up.

The coach was telling me how another one of the owners set hers up and on her first time around she burned 400 calories. The woman was fit, but wanted to lose a little baby fat she had gained.

They say when you first start out, those who are less fit will burn fewer calories (around 100-200) and those who are more fit will burn upwards of 500.

I got measured and weighed, and although I didnt see my measurements, I did see my weight. I started Curves at 231 (229 without shoes) Today I weighed 226.

In 4 months I have lost 3 lbs lol :(

My body fat percentage was 48.00% when I signed up for Curves. Today it is 42.00%

In 4 months I have lost 6% body fat! And only 3lbs?? Me thinks I have lots more muscle mass now!

So I keep going round this circuit, I am dying. Sweating up a storm. Ugh! GASP! Ach!
It counts down how many machines you have left, it counts how many reps you do and which muscles you are working. It tells you whether or not you are working hard enough. One machine takes your heart rate, and if you are up a little too high, it automatically adjusts the rest of your workout to be easier. Cool, huh? When you are done, the display lights up and flashes, blinks, and it says "end" they call them the party lights. Although when you are done you dont feel like partying. More like napping.

I log in to see my work out and I have done very well for the first time and burned a total of 378 calories.

Thats right. Only 22 less than a woman in the prime of her life.

I am pretty damn pleased with myself!

The only thing I have to work on harder next time is this leg machine where you spread your legs and then bring them in, it works your inner thighs. I was so sore from riding yesterday though, I figured it was acceptable.

I will try harder on Monday, see where I can get to.

I am a little bummed I've not lost much weight but at the same time really happy that I have lost so much body fat. Before I was half fat, now I am almost 40-60!

its not always about the number on the scale but I will be damned if I dont let that stop me. I would love to be under 200 by the end of summer.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! You are doing great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...I wasn't aware that Curves had the level of sophistication in their circuit.

    You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing wonderfully. I want to know about my perent body fat but too cheap because we need a new couch pretty bad. haha

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!