Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Talkin' Bout My Motivation!

This morning I got a text:

"I really dont like going to Curves :( "

Then another shortly after

"I know I am a bad mom"

I was woken with these, and there fore in a very sour mood.

I replied with

"Fine, Ill just cancel my membership"

Yes every syllable was snarky and probably very rude.

It was followed with

"I'll go anyway"
"Come up earlier"
"Maybe Im just waiting dreading it"
"We will decide after we go today [whether to cancel or not]"


Two things can be discerned from these messages: A) My mom is a textaholic, and only sends a maximum of 5 words at a time. Shes rapid fire.
2) She really did like going, but didnt have the motivation.

I went an hour earlier than planned and we went for a drive around town with the top down on her Audi TT Roadster, singing outloud to the iPhone blaring, disturbing my quiet town. We went tanning. We went shopping. We went to Curves. We did our rounds and we were both tired, hot, but happy.

I was so bummed thinking I would miss yet another day of Curves, that I had lost my workout partner, and all my motivation went out the door. But you know what? Just because my mom occasionally kicks me in the ass to get my head on straight doesnt mean I cant do the same to her.

Thanks for going, Ma.

See ya tomorrow. Hahahaha

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you went! It does help if you have a workout partner to actually go. If I know that someone is depending on me, I will make sure to go. So I'm glad you both went and had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I'm so glad you both went together and had fun but most of all I'm glad you are now an official asskicker

    I constantly have to kick my boyfriends derriere into healthy mode. Its exhausting sometimes but in the end he always thanks me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have your mom to encourage and to be encouraged by in this journey. I just discovered a friend is working on a similar goal and I am saying a prayer that her dh decides to join her soon.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!