Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ungodly Sick

Good morning. Its 4 pm here. I just woke up.

This morning, at 7 am, I woke up and got some water. I also grabbed a piece of pizza, ate it, then went back to bed.

At 9:18 AM I woke up in incredible pain. It felt like heartburn, but much worse than usual. Curse that piece of pizza, I thought. CURSE YOU PIZZA!! I took my heartburn medicine and went back to bed...

But I never got any better. In fact, it all went downhill from there, and not in a good way. I was sick to my stomach. I couldnt breathe without sharp pain in my stomach, I was having hot and cold flashes. It felt like the stomach flu mixed with heartburn.

"Remember this feeling" I kept thinking, as I continued to get sick, "this is what it is to be fat"

The pain lasted another two and a half hours before I could get it under control again. I am not sure if it really was what I had eaten, or if I was just sick.

I know that I hadnt been digesting properly, because ...well, I saw my dinner on Sunday.

I didnt eat much Monday, all day. From 11-7 I had only had some popcorn. After that though, I was ravenous. I ate Arbys. Chicken Bacon Swiss with honey mustard sauce, with curly fries AND a cherry turnover. A few hours later, we ordered my favorite pizza from my favorite place. Meat feast with extra cheese. The pieces are small and square cut, but I still had like, 10.

Then I went to bed.

Then I woke up and that all started. 98% of me says I deserved what I got. The other 2% has said it could have been something that hadnt agreed with me.

The last time I was that sick, I had just gotten back from vacation with my dad. We returned with BBQ pulled pork from the best little place in TN, and I had made mac and cheese with it. Hubby (who was then just BF) came over and we all ate it. Everyone was happy, it was delicious. I woke up in the middle of the night in a hot sweat, I went downstairs to go to the bathroom, and promptly expelled my stomach's contents.

I was the only one who had gotten sick, and there was reason to believe that I had contracted the stomach flu, from my little cousin, who had had it a few days before I had seen her. I had held her and carried her around all day.

This was very very similar to that day.

Either way, no matter what it was, I wont forget.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exactly like what I had Sunday through until today and I am still not 100%. Also I did have a pretty big piece piece of pizza Saturday at my friends cottage so I wasn't sure. Yikkkes! Hope you are well now :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!