Saturday, June 19, 2010

10k- A new record.

Does it count as a new record if its the only one? I suppose it would.

Anyway, did some interval training on my bike today and decided that I would do 6.2 miles, no matter how long it took, if it killed me, etc. I finished at 34 minutes and 36 seconds, and I burned 549 calories.

Its the first time that I have actively set my goal to 6.2 miles, though I have gone further than that in one session, but I figured "small goals" and wouldnt push myself too far until I got discouraged. Manageable goals.

I am going to keep working on getting my time faster. I think 34 minutes isnt a bad first time, thats under 6 minutes a mile (barely) and seems to be about my average speed and time. I'd like to shave maybe 5 minutes off of the time before I move up to 9.5 miles, which is my next milestone.

I also did level 2 of 30 Day Shred and died. Its a LOT harder. I tried to do the Firm WAVE like my friend did, she let me borrow it and I couldnt do it. I am about as coordinated as a drunken moose and I got lost and frustrated very quickly. I might have to try it again though before passing final judgment on it.

Goals for the day:
Dont go over calories [days not over... but on plan so far]
Exercise 500 calories [549, check!]

Reward for the day:
Paint my nails. Pink for the fingers and red for the toes. Sexy.

3 comments:

  1. A drunken moose?! Love that, sounds exactly like me. I have no coordination whatsoever. That is one thing that has kept me from joining a gym and going to classes. At some point I will have to get over my social phobia and embarrassment but for now I am sticking to home workout tapes.

    Oh and I just got the 30 Day Shred video. I can barely even complete the first part. And I thought that I had been getting more fit. This video was eye opening.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!