Monday, June 21, 2010

Keeping Up With Grampa

We went out of town to go visit hubby's grandparents and some other relatives. At one point, Grampa asked if anyone wanted to join him on a walk with the dog, Ruby (a greyhound)

I volunteered both hubby and I. I thought this would be lots of fun and a good break from just sitting around.

Let me tell you a little about Grampa. He is very quiet, reserved, a nice man, and looks a lot like Abraham Lincoln (no joke!) he is also 6'6.

Hubby is 6'

I am 5'5.

Grampa has a foot on me.

We go for this walk and it all starts out well just a little stroll very nice.

All of a sudden both of us are lagging behind Grampa and Ruby.
I pick up the pace and am now fast walking, almost jogging, and hubby is having a hard time keeping up too.

We go for this walk which ends up being about 2 miles long and takes 10 minutes. TEN MINUTES. I tracked it in my Jillian Michaels app. It also says I burned 787 calories but I dont think thats true haha.

Grampa never broke a sweat. He has such long legs that his strides were equal to about 3 of my short stubby ones.

Afterward everyone asked how we enjoyed our walk and we were exhausted and couldnt believe how fit he was it was hard to keep up and Grampa couldnt help smiling.


He is 87 years old. He had us two whippersnappers beat haha

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping I'm that fit at 87....I had a 65yo guy beat me on the 5K I did at home...I was very happy for him and very hopeful that I'll be beating 41 year olds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by your blog today. Your Grampa sounds like a character. Congrats on your loss - it looks like you started about the same time as I did.
    Ann
    Less of Me

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!