Thursday, June 10, 2010

Success and Setbacks

If you have been paying attention to my blog at all in the last few days, you will notice that I have been a bit of a water buffalo.... or a fish. Lets go with fish. I have been in the water a lot. The pool, everyday, regardless of weather. I actually noticed my back is TAN TAN TAN. Its so brown. I have awesome tanlines on my shoulders, the likes I havent seen in years. I also need a new swimsuit. Last year, when I was much bigger, it held everything in, despite it wanting to.

This year... This year started out ok... but I am noticing more and more wardrobe malfunctions if you will... Lets say its not entirely a good thing if little kids are around... I need to find a better swimsuit (one piece, still, boo) that will hold the girls in a little better so they dont escape and scare children.


I also noticed my scalp is a little red, so I will have to get a big straw hat. Maybe with a big flower on it or something. I dont want sun poisoning on my scalp. I have diligently been putting sunscreen on my face, across my nose and cheeks especially, as those always burn no matter what. My right arm is a little red too, as we went joyriding today and I had my arm hanging out the window.

Every day, an hour in the pool equals about 520 calories burnt (thats like treading water, doing little tricks, and maybe a lap, not doing laps consistently. Leisurely.)
That being said, I havent gone to Curves or ridden my bike at all, as I had already hit my 500 calorie benchmark for the day.

Today, I did 500 calories on the bike, and an hour in the pool, for a total of 1020 calories burnt. Which sounds awesome, right? EXCEPT I ATE 300 CALORIES OVER, so my total intake was 2100 calories, instead of the 1800 that Alli has me on. (But my resting metabolic rate is 2400 calories, so I was still a little under... ugh)

But net wise, Im at 1100 hehe so I will look at it like that and try not to stress, as I did twice as much exercise as normal, so a little overeating wasnt too bad.

I havent stepped on the scale in a few days. I am trying to not let that dictate how I am feeling today. I realize that that stupid number can make me feel like I am the sexiest piece of a$$ on the planet or the biggest whale wrapped up in sausage casing. I am going to try my hardest to just ignore the scale and do what I want to do.

I also realized I *do* know how to swim properly, I'm not very fast at it, but I believe that will come with time. I know now that I can bring floaties into the pool so I will have to buy some noodles, so I can be a cool kid. A pool kid. Thats what I want to be when I grow up.

See ya guys tomorrow. I am going to Curves no matter what (also forecast is rainy, boo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!