Saturday, July 17, 2010

Financially Healthy

If you like Suze Orman for whatever reason, you will know that she picks the biggest loser winner based on their financial health. It is a direct correlation, she says, to be financially fit and physically/mentally fit.

Interesting concept, and I can't say that I disagree with it. As much as it pains me.

We do have a substantial amount of debt. I didn't listen to my mother when she said don't get a credit card. In fact, we have several credit lines and I have only managed to pay off two. It's not all credit cards though, car loans, engagement ring, student loans. Some are a little easier to manage than others.

But I have been feeling a little financial unrest. I work so hard, my husband works so hard, yet we don't have much to show for it. I am wanting to get things taken care of. I want to have a good savings. I want to be able to move. I want to hire big, strong, muscular men to come move my heavy things for me so I dont have to recruit friends or make hubby do it, because lets face it, I'm not going to.


With hubby's new job comes great benefits, stable pay (better than being a pizza delivery boy, where your income depends on how cute you are or how generous they are feeling at the moment)

I really want to pay off my car the most, it would be three years early and I would be able to lower my insurance too. Huzzah!

If your head and your heart are in the right place, then surely the body will follow, right?




By the way I figure it, I will be able to pay

2 comments:

  1. Wow - it's so interesting that financial health may predict physical health. Has she been accurate with her predictions so far? Maybe it has something to do with responsibility or planning...hmmm.
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I really are in the same situation, except that I'm working and he's going to school, so we have a tiny income, to pay off a sh*tload of bills. It's very slow going. The only thing that's actually helped us pay off more was Dave Ramsey's book, The Total Money Makeover. It actually gives good common sense advice to pay off debt.

    Just a suggestion though. :) (We've paid off over $2000 in the last 10 months, and 4 more bills next month, which is huge for us).

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!