Friday, July 2, 2010

Not to worry, I'm a pro.

I have taken on a new challenge, bloggie friends.

Don't Panic.


There was a book written about it. And a movie made too. You might have heard of it.

Its a new concept for me, but every one has told me for ages that I am a worry wart, it doesn't help anything, and to just STOP IT ALREADY.

I have been wanting to dye my hair for a while but I havent had the money to do it professionally like I usually do, and I have been severely put off of dying my own hair for a few reasons, probably because I am always *worried* it will turn out like crap, then what will I do? *whine*

But I decided today, so what? I work at home, hardly ever go out in public, and if I mess it up big deal. Its not like I am getting a perm or anything... again. lol. *shudder*

So I go out to Wal-Mart and buy a $6 box of strawberry blonde. Except they don't call it that anymore. Now it's called 9B Light Reddish Blonde. In 30 minutes you will have blondy red like hair. Woot!

I figure, why not? I like strawberry blonde. I really like it. Why not? What's the worst that could happen? My hair will fall out? I like the idea of a powdered wig. I'll wear one of those.

I slap the color in and 30 minutes later I look at myself in the mirror, checking on my hair. It is BRIGHT ORANGE. OMG.

Don't panic. Just rinse it out. Dry it. I looked it up online. If the color turns out crappy, wash your hair with liquid detergent a few times and presto, back to the original color. Im rinsing. I'm conditioning. I'm blow drying.... and the lights go out.

I blew a fuse blow drying my hair.

I BLEW A FUSE using the BLOW DRYER.

I'd like to point out that we have only ever tripped a breaker once before, and that was when we had every single light on, the tv, a game system, and the vacuum. Haha. Anyway, we fix the breaker and then I finish blow drying my hair and I do not look in the mirror until it is done. It looks great.

Like the box.


See what not panicking does? It allows you to live.

1 comment:

  1. yay Christie is a blonde yay gramma likes that :>)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!