Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cookie Monster

I was craving sweets. And hubby who is so sweet to me, gives me everything I want, decides yeah, you can get something sweet.

We go to the store and I see a container of chocolate chunk cookies with M&Ms in them. YUMMY!! There are a lot of them too, so I will be able to pack them for hubby's lunch! I mention this and he gets all excited, okay, we will buy them.

Two pounds of cookies.

Two pounds of deliciously soft, moist, home made baked cookies. Oh yeah, they were BAKERY cookies. Not Chips Ahoy! or Oreos, but real live bakery baked cookies.

Super moist. Super delicious. The good chewy, the perfect amount of chewy and crumbly fall apart in your mouth awesome cookies. With chocolate chunks. Dark chocolate. And m&ms.

Heaven!

Hubby liked them as much as I did. We ate the entire container in 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure I ate a few more than he did, but it was before he had even tried one. As soon as he did, we were eating them cookie for cookie.

I'm also pretty sure thats where my weight gain came from haha. At 350 calories a cookie, and 20 cookies.... Yep. There you go. 2lbs.

Gluttony. Pure (delicious) gluttony.

He never got to take any with his lunch.

Needless to say, we won't be buying those again any time soon. Sadly :(

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least you enjoyed yourself. :) On Sunday, Jeff (hubby) wanted to get some donuts. The store had a dozen in a box on sale, right by the registers, so we bought them. I ate 4 donuts on Sunday alone. And not small donuts either. I'm talking maple bars and chocolate bars, and jelly filled donuts, and.. Well you get the idea. It's just like I told him; we enjoyed ourselves. Now we're not buying donuts for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could resist those either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I'm having an issue with this particular trail mix called Sweet Cajun Fire...it doesn't last as long as it should. I have an unopened container that I'm trying not to open...at least not until we go camping in a little while. I think it contains crack, but can't prove it.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!