Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 3 (30 Days of Me)

Today was day 3 of my thirty days of me. Eating has been spot on, under 1200 calories weeee! Considering I've cut out over half of what I eat calorie wise, I've been dealing with my hunger rather well. I haven't been hungry really. I've been bored and lonely and have thought about food, but then I just go do something. And then I don't think about food at all.

I went to visit my mom again today, mostly because A) it gets me out of the house and 2) I like my family. I planned to take the dog on a "you know what" (w-a-l-k) but I decided I wasn't feeling up to it. So he got brushed instead. He also got cuddles and kisses and lots of treats. Because he loves his Big Sister (that's me... he's my furry little brother...Look, don't judge, I'm an only child...)

We cuddled on the day bed and laid around all day. It was awesome, I'm not going to lie. Then mom said that she didn't feel like cooking today and we should go get burgers at the burger joint. I then suggested I would make burgers and french fries, as it would be cheaper, lower in calories, and taste better as it's made with love :)

I peeled and cut the potatoes, made the hamburger patties and started frying them up in the skillet. I seasoned them with chopped onion and I went for the taco seasoning to give them a bit of flavor and klutzy me dropped it. In the pan. But it seasoned all of the burgers perfectly, so I meant to do that.

I made all the fries. I wasn't even lamenting that I wouldn't get any. I could have had some, I hadn't eaten all day. A burger and fries would have been ok. But I didn't even think of that. Instead I just concentrated on not burning my face off or the burgers, and I divvied up the fries between the parental units. I did eat one. They were great.

I had a burger with cheese, plain. I ate it slow. I drank dt mountain dew and watched the news. Then I fed the last bite to Goob. He always gets the last bite. In fact, I usually end up sharing half my meal with him whenever I am over. Spoiled rotten that dog.


Then I went home, and had a few hours to kill before hubby got home. I was lonely and bored, so I curled my hair. Then I watched Man Vs Wild. The man eats bugs, and I complain about needing a peanut butter cup? Whatever.

Hubby came home and needed feeding (again?! I just fed him yesterday... gosh) so I grilled him a couple burgers on the George Foreman and I made a chicken breast. I had it on a bun. With cheese. Surprised? Don't be. We shared a little pack of Frito chips too. He had a pickle, I had a diet dew. We talked about walking tacos, how you put taco meat in a bag of Frito chips with lettuce, tomato, cheese, guac, and sour cream and how good they are. Even though we were talking about how yummy they were and how much we enjoyed them, I didn't feel the need to run out to the store and buy the stuff to make them, like I usually do.

As we settled down for the night I grabbed a bowl and poured two cups of honey nut cheerios in and happily snacked on that. Now I am done calorie wise for the day (coming in at 1150, yesterday was 950 and the day before was 1300, so I am on track)

I felt a little obsessed, wondering what the scale said but was too lazy to go look for it, and I still have 27 days. I am 10% there.

Tomorrow: Day 4

Get up
Get dressed, do hair, makeup, etc.
BL workout
Honey nut cheerios for breakfast
Grilled chicken breast and cottage cheese for lunch
Grilled chicken breast on a bun with cheese for dinner
Watch Interview with a Vampire (favorite movie) while crocheting

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!