Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Delicious Spaghetti

OMG it was so delicious.
I am a bit of a diva (ya think?) and I usually buy name brand things, especially when grocery shopping because I think the off brand or store brand will "taste funny".

I'm trying to be a bit more frugal too and the biggest expense outside of bills in our house hold is duh duh duuuuuuh food.

I love to cook big, elaborate meals. I think I need to quit thinking like that. Hubby's favorite meals are cheeseburgers and spaghetti.

Blink blink so why am I trying to make lasagna, enchiladas, pot roasts etc? A simple man wants simple meals!

Anyway, shopping on a budget this week, I got stuff to make spaghetti. Three lbs of ground beef for $5.59 (I put a lb in the freezer for later this week) a big jar of store brand spaghetti sauce for $1 and two lbs of spaghetti noodles for $1.25
This will feed us for a few days!
Thats pretty cheap

Normally I have to plead to have leftovers, or they never sound appealing day two. I am just going to make simple meals from now on and we will have special meals (ie lasagna) once a month. I already made a food calendar for the month and yes, we are having spaghetti once a week and hamburgers at least once a week too.

I made BBQ pulled pork sandwiches last week out of a pork tenderloin and a bottle of BBQ sauce it was the best I'd ever made, usually I make the sauce from scratch.

Surprisingly hubby really liked that too. I guess a hot sandwich is all he wants in life lol

Stay frugal friends! I know I am going to.

1 comment:

  1. The store brands can be hit or miss, but we do try and buy them when we can. We learn what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly. I think, though, we've found that more of the store brands work for us than don't.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!