Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 Days Finished & Recap

Before I get to my results, I want to recap what I learned these last 30 days:

-I am a slave to the scale, if I have it in front of me.
-If I stop exercising even for one day, I won't do it the next. Or the next. Or the... you get it.
-Life events like going out to eat for a birthday did not destroy me. I barely touched my delicious food.
-However, cravings might. This month I gorged on a few different days. Most days I only ate once, but I ate all 1500 calories. One day I went over to 2600.
-If there isn't any soda in the house, I can easily drink half a gallon of water, or more depending on the temp outside.
-The more I exercise, the more energy I have.
-PMS will eff with my diet and emotions. It would be better next time if I actually planned an "off day" so I wont deal with any guilt.
-Life is great! Not worrying about the scale or measuring tape, but just enjoying my family and friends.

Okay, here are the results:

Weight- Start: 229 Current: 226 Loss: 3 lbs
Bust- Start: 42 Current: 42 Loss: 0
Waist- Start: 38 Current: 37 Loss 1
Abs- Start: 43 Current: 41 Loss: 2
Hips- Start: 50 Current: 49 Loss: 1
R. Th- Start: 27 Current: 27 Loss: 0
L Th- Start: 28.5 Current: 27 Loss: 1.5
R Calf- Start: 17 Current: 17 Loss: 0
L Calf- Start: 17 Current: 17.5 Gain: .5
R Arm-Start: 13.5 Current: 14 Gain: .5 *
L Arm- Start: 13.5 Current: 15 Gain: 1.5*

*Note: I am not entirely sure I accurately measured these in the first place, but that is the data I had, so whether or not they really were 13.5 inches they are 14 and 15 now respectively. I doubt I gained an 1.5 on one arm in a month, as I didnt do much strength training and all my fat goes to my ass/stomach. It is what it is though.

Total Loss: 3 lbs
Inches: 5.5" lost, 2.5" gained, net loss 3"

My thoughts: I am ecstatic. Remember my goal? If I didn't lose anything at all, I would get my blood work done? Well I lost a little bit, 3 lbs in 30 days, which is 1 lb every week and a half. Pretty good for not really trying. For staying off the scale and recording what I ate, no matter if it was "on plan" or not.

What's next?

Well my birthday is in 28 days from today! I'll be the big 2-3!

Starting now, I am embarking on another journey, a birthday countdown weee! It will be all about weight loss, of course. And activity. Wee!

Tuesdays will be weigh in day. The 28th will be a measurement day. According to MFP (my fitness pal) I should work out 3x a week and burn a total of 760 calories for the week. I think I can manage that!

What I want to accomplish this week:

Tracking. It's starting to become more important to me again, and I actually look forward to adding something to my log, whether its food or activity.

Meal planning: Specifically, snacks. I need to have more of these on hand. I like to snack, like anyone :) I'm thinking I need more string cheese or cheese cubes. I love cheese.

Also, late September is Honey-crisp Apple season. These are my absolute favorite apples! I am not joking when I say that I go through literally dozens of these in a few short weeks. Last year, I was eating 3-4 a day. If they were in season all year round, I am sure I would get all my fruits in.
Of course, like in everything else, I happen to like the exotic brand of apples that are expensive and not in season very long. Just call me diva. Did you know that I considered placing an order on-line to an orchard that had them in stock all season long? But when I found out the price, I changed my mind. It's $90 for a bushel. If I got a bushel it wouldnt last long. Like 2 days.
Maybe when I'm rich.

Ok, I have to skedaddle, my neighbor got a new computer and I have to set it up for her. She's paying me to do it. Wee. I hope it doesnt take long. I have to go get gas and go visit my mom for the season 3 Finale of True Blood, as I haven't seen it yet. Don't spoil it for me!

4 comments:

  1. You love cheese and true blood... what else do we have in common? Congratulations on the weight loss and for tracking. I've been tracking but I know it's not accurate.

    I'm really like Eric these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats on the loss and for sticking with it.

    Bushels? Do people still use those? I had no idea that they were still around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss. That's great! I LOVE cheese too, and it is always my first thought for a snack. I like keeping string cheese around for a quick grab plus it is less calories than cheddar - my ultimate love affair :)

    stop by sometime,
    Lainey
    arrrbuckle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!