Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love: V8 Splash Smoothie and Sales

I bought some V8 splash last night at the store, while grocery shopping. I wanted to try it for a while now but I've always been afraid. Well I decided I would stop being stupid, and try it. Whats the worst that could happen? I'd hate it. Whats the best that could happen? I'd love it.

In the cart it went. I was thrilled, giddy almost. I got something new to try!

Also in stock: Honey-crisp apples. If you have never ever tried one and they are available in your area: GO GET THEM. Now! Stop reading, and skedaddle. Hurry! before I buy them all! I bought 6 at 2.99/lb and they are big big apples. 6 was 2.25 lbs, so I spent a little under $7 on apples. Sooo goooooood. They are a little green now but thats ok. They can sit in my fridge and get all cold and delicious.

We also had a lot of other items on our list, and surprise! 95% were on sale. Bags of frozen chicken breasts, 40 oz, are usually $10. This week, they were $5. So I bought 2. Ground beef, 90-10 was on sale too, from 4.89 to 3.50 a lb. I bought 2. Cheese was on sale, glorious cheese! Kraft cheese cubes, on sale 3 for 6 dollars. I bought 3. I know I don't have to buy all three to get the deal, but if you pay any attention I love cheese.

I still spent a lot of money, a little under $85 but that will last us two weeks easily. Especially the cheese.


The V8 is in the fridge all nice and chilled (I really like cold food) and I pour myself a glass. It looks so smooth, and creamy. I take an apprehensive drink. Like wine tasting, I swirl, sniff and swish. This is... really good! REALLY GOOD. It tastes like yogurt. Delicious yogurt.
The only problem I had with it on the label it said "made with the juices of 7 fruits and veggies" but in fact, it only has one veggie. A purple carrot. Meh, I have more problems with fruit than I do with veggies, so this is no problem for me.

Breakfast today was a Nutrigrain bar and 12 oz of V8, for 280 calories. I have to finish getting ready, I am going to go pick up my Fashion Bug purchases. I was awesome and shopped online, clearance, where it was 85% off. Weee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!