Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 28! Wee

I love my fitness pal. I know I mentioned it before, but it really is a great, easy to use tool that allows me to see instant results.

I logged all my food in yesterday, coming in at 1455 for the day, and when I hit "complete this entry" it said "If every day were like today, you would weigh 219.1 lbs in 5 weeks" Wow. Now that is some motivation. I don't know about you, but seeing how much I could lose instead of guessing if I will lose is a great motivation.

You also can track how much water you are getting, whether or not you have extra notes to put in. Like say you go out to eat with your family and you have a steak and mashed potatoes. You log it in and then put in the notes "went out to eat with family" then when you look over your logs later and you see why you went way over one day last week, theres a reminder of what happened. You can also document your feelings or whatever else is on your mind, it shows a direct correlation. I love that word. Correlation.

I need to get my exercise in. I did one day of Biggest Loser body sculpt, but I think I need a new set of hand weights (!) as I am not getting enough resistance on my arms anymore. I am using 2 lb weights, I think I can go up to 5 lbs. Oh, I'm nervous and excited. But I shouldn't be nervous. If I put too much strain on my body with the heavier weights, I can go back to the smaller ones. I know this in my mind. But my head is playing tricks with me. "You'll never be able to. You'll have wobbly arms for ever" Shut up brain.

The reason for not working out is, well, honestly, I've been too busy. I know! Me! Busy! Not lazy! I've been working on the comic book thing and coloring takes up a lot of time. A lot of time. Not to mention that if it doesn't look right, right away, I get panicky and start over. It's been a process. But I am happy to say that I have a bit of free time today and will be doing something. I really wanted a bike ride yesterday but it was rainy. Today it is sunny. Perhaps I will get one in. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!