Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Change

I can feel it already. I am going through "the Change".

I had a lot of my daily points left today. I was busy working and while I work I don't eat. I had 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter. 4 points. I get 29 a day.

The rest of the day was spent sucking down diet Cherry Pepsi and water, alternating. I was hungry when B got home so I was like- hey, lets go out to eat. We have some extra cash-ola, and we havent done so in a while.


I am not going to lie. I was totally thinking "cheese fries and a burger." I know what you're thinking- god that girl never gives up on the cheese fries. So I goog'd my favorite joint and here's the damage.

Big mistake
Calories: 610
Fat grams: 34
Fiber: 6

I rarely got the large fry usually just the regular. And when I was only counting calories, that wasnt so bad. Especially if thats all you were having for that meal. But you have to take into consideration the fat and fiber in it.

Weight Watchers says its 14 points. FOURTEEN!

It's actually better for you to get the deep fried chicken sandwich, at this local burger joint. We will not being going there anymore, simply because now I have made the connection that it is not worth it to spend the points, even if I had them.

My attitude about my points is starting to change. Is it worth it to eat that piece of garlic bread that is 4 points? Or if I am still hungry, I can have 5 cups of popcorn for 1 pt?

So instead, we went to Wendy's. I got the Ultimate Grill Chicken sandwich (7 pts) and a large chili (6 pts) for the same "price."

It was shocking though, looking at the nutrition information. Things that weren't high in calories necessarily, were high in fat. Like the same amount of chili at the local joint was 12 pts but Wendys was 6!
Proof that you can't just pay attention to the calories, but you have to take in the fat and the fiber too 

2 comments:

  1. darling you have found the secret as long as you are aware now you will do fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decision to not eat there anymore! That's one of the hardest parts of losing weight, is realizing that some of your favorite foods won't even come close to fitting into your plan anymore. I can't seem to get back into tracking my poitns on WW, so I've been tracking my calories for awhile. Sometimes it's easier to enjoy my favorite foods while calorie tracking, since WW rewards you for eating low-fat high-fiber foods, but penalizes (uses more points) you for eating high-fat foods. :) Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!