Friday, October 22, 2010

A Really Bad Day

I had a crazy bad day after my last post. I mean I was all excited I was finally stickin' it to the credit card companies.... then... well lets just say it went all down hill.

First, I went to the library to pick up my books I had on hold. They were all available when I placed them on hold on line- 4 total. There were only two. When I checked out (they have a self-checkout like at a grocery store) it said I had 3. But I went and looked, there wasn't a third. Damn. Anyway. So I see my hubby and it turns out he's got a bad day going too. I won't get into it. But its annoying.

Secondly, I went to the store to pick up a few things. Mostly a gallon of filtered water. The water in my city is irradiated- no seriously, they pump it so full of chemicals and minerals to change it from nasty green to a filmy white. Yeahhhh.... I'm not buying a Brita filter either, I don't WANT that water anywhere near me.

I also happen to notice the meat counter is putting out- get this- 1 pound portions of ground beef for $1.79- saving $2.00 a pound. I grab one thinking I'm such a bad ass. I decided to get a bag of red kidney beans and 2 boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix. I also pick up a small, pie pumpkin (not pumpkin pie, don't get confused) for Brian. He likes roasted pumpkin seeds and he also like pumpkin-anything so I decided I could make muffins or something out of the rest of it.

When I got home I noticed I left the gallon of water in my cart- because it wasn't in my back seat. I decided to put the rest of my groceries away and call the store and let them know. They told me to bring my receipt and it should be no problem.

Well on the way up to my apartment I got accosted by my next door neighbor. She's 65, German, and very very mean. Always in everyone's business then bitching and complaining about it. She makes a call to the city on a daily basis demoralizing something or other. I'm not kidding. Anyway, she asked me if I was mad at her, I said no, I've just been very busy lately. She said that I have been acting like I am going to kill her and she's told her husband that she's afraid for her life. I am not shitting you. She seriously accused me of attempted murder. I asked her why she thought that, and she said that I shot her a death-look yesterday.

Apparently she must have X-ray vision because I didnt leave my house yesterday. At all. I didn't even get the mail.

She then argued this point so I said whatever, lady, I have to put away my groceries. She said she was going to call to the city and complain about something or other, and I told her good luck with that, and went inside. I was fuming!

Seriously. I can't make this shit up.

Then I call the store, hop in the car and drive back to the store. I'm low on gas. I get there- no receipt. No receipt! I lost it at this point and just boo-hooed in my car and sat there for a while then went home. I didn't even bother. Eff it. I came home and carved up my pumpkin.

Hubby gets home and then offers to go to the store. He goes and they didnt even check his receipt, but gave him the water. Nice.

For dinner, I had turkey bacon, pancake, and egg beaters with cheese for dinner for 10 points. I realized I hadnt eaten all day at this point. I still havent eaten anything else.

I roasted the pumpkin seeds too, and then I scooped out all the pumpkin ...flesh? and pureed it, so now I can add it to muffins and stuff. I need more sugar though. I'm out.


Now I've been reading the Pennypinchers Almanac by Readers Digest. I found it online for like $7 but why pay that when you can get it from the Library for free? I also have the Complete Tightwad Gazette and thats a pretty hefty book.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your bad day. At least it makes an entertaining blog post!

    Your neighbor is a nut job. Stay away from her. Good thing everyone knows she's crazy so I doubt anyone gives her complaints any credence.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!