Saturday, November 6, 2010

Christmas Gifts

It's only 7 short weeks until Christmas. I know what the heck happened?? I mean I know that it's the end of the year, I just didn't realize it was the end of the year! 2010 is almost gone!

I made a list and checked it more than twice. I have a lot of homemade gift ideas this year. Four lucky people get crocheted items, 2 lucky people get homemade soaps, and then I have a bunch of other cool ideas. I don't want to divulge too much because some of those people read this blog (Hi Gramma!) so here is what I can say:

My dad: My parents have a wood burning stove in their house and they run it every winter. As my dad likes fire, I decided home made firestarters would be a great gift. These are pinecones dipped in paraffin wax and they burn wonderfully, so I'm told.  I was cautioned to do it correctly so I don't blow the house up. Merry Christmas! lol

Brian's dad: He works construction and is often out in the cold. So what better than a few jars of homemade hot cocoa mix? I will be making regular, snowflake (white chocolate) and Mayan flavors. How cool will that be? or rather, how toasty?

Brian's mom: I'm thinking homemade handsoap scented with her favorite fragrance. I just need to find that out.

Granny: A long time ago, my granny made these crocheted angel ornaments out of doilies and gave them to my parents. They were always my favorites and I thought it would be great to make her one. Plus, last year, I made her an angel ornament so I am pretty sure it will be a theme. A different one every year.

My uncle: He bought some handmade soap from a friend of his many years ago and it was dragon's blood fragranced. He was always telling me how much he liked it. So I'm making him a few bars. Hurray!

How exciting! Do you have your gifts planned out?? Only 7 weeks til Christmas and 8 until the New Year make sure you make each day count, they will be gone before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!