Friday, November 5, 2010

Omg, I was right. Go figure.

I hopped on the scale today to see where I was in relation to last week. Last week I didn't step on the scale at all until my weigh in on Wednesday and I had only lost half a pound (which is still great!) I knew it was because instead of pretracking, I was post-tracking. I was eating before thinking, and that lead me to use all of my daily and all of my weekly. I am quite sure had I earned activity points I would have used them too.

This week, however, I have been aggressively pretracking. I spent an hour last night debating on what sort of treat I wanted to give myself since I was feeling blue. I looked up different restaurant desserts, donuts, cakes, brownies, everything. Finally, I settled on heading out to the store to pick up a SmartOnes peanut butter cup sundae. I ate both of them (like I knew I would) and that put me 7 points over my daily. But there wasn't any guilt or regret. It was simply "I wanted a treat or two and I wasn't going to deny myself that. I will accept that it will put me over and enjoy every morsel." Which I did.

Anyway, I'm on the scale. I see the number.... 216.4! I have already lost another pound! Since Wednesday! I really think that I need to get on the scale every day to stay motivated to keep aggressively tracking my food. It really is such a confidence booster knowing EXACTLY what I need to do to continue up this weight loss. If I keep heading in this direction, I will be looking at 20 lbs lost by Thanksgiving.

Wow. Just wow! I am 1.5 lbs away from having lost 15 lbs. WOW. Think about that for a moment. Mind boggling.

It's not that I *can* do this anymore. It's that I *am* doing this.

Wow! I am still in awe. The lowest I got down to after I got married was 214. I am rapidly approaching that number again. I hope to just wave as I sail on past!

To anyone considering WeightWatchers (I have had a few friends ask recently) I highly recommend it. If you can just put yourself first and say "I need some help" and get over the fear of joining, you will see results. If you put the effort into accurately measuring your food, you will see results. If you don't like the idea of sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers each week and having someone else look at your number on the scale, join online. No one else there sees your numbers (unless you put them up) you dont have to talk to anyone. You can just troll the forums. You have access to a great database of recipes with the option of adding in your own, so you can see how many points there are in your favorite meals.

Look at me. It's been 5 weeks and I lost 12.5 lbs. That's 2.5 lbs a week. In one short month you could be 10 lbs lighter. It's not like Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem or Medifast. You don't *have* to eat prepackaged foods. It suits all lifestyles. They even have cheese fry recipes. Nachoes. Chocolate. Booze. Nothing is off limits. It's not low carb, its not Atkins or Southbeach, its not a crazy restricted amount. It is whatever you want it to be.

And that is why it works.

PS join online so we can be friends :)

2 comments:

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!