Thursday, December 16, 2010

Could I Possibly Be Normal?

Uh yeah! I think I can be. In fact, I am!!

Last night, Brian and I went on a mission. This lady needed some new clothes! All my clothes are too big, so I was going to buy a pair of jeans.

I am comfortably wearing size 16Ws right now, soon to be just plain ol' 16s though, as mine are almost too big already!

I found the most lovely fleece-like jacket and decided to try it on. I usually get my jackets a little big, so I feel snuggly. I tried on a 1X. I was swimming in it! So then I had to move over to the "Misses" (aka "normal sized") section. I put on the XL, thinking "Well, at least its a Misses and not a Plus" but once again, it was too big!

Dare I try on a L? Am I only setting myself up for disappointment? Brian talked me into trying it. So I slip it on and it is just perfect. Not tight, a little roomy, and I can zip it up all the way! Bonuuuuus!

So my friends, I have at least one pair of jeans and one winter jacket to get me through until Spring when I will likely need new clothes again.

I'm effin' NORMAL!!! A large will soon be a medium, and a pair of 16s may very well be a 14.

My "goal" sizes are medium tops and size 10 pants. But wherever I happen to be when I hit 175 will be perfect for me.

I think this is the first time I've been happy about my shrinking bewbies

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! oh what an awesome feeling that must be. congrats and enjoy being normal. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! Celebrate - a whole new wardrobe is in order. :) I haven't had time to check blogs lately, but I need to do some reading and find out what you've been doing to get such great results lately. Hope all is well! Stop by to say hi.
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya for normalycy!!! I know exactly what you mean about trying on the L. I felt the same way when I inched out of the 16W and 1X. I was still buying 1X when my daughter said "mom, I don't think you realize how much weight you lost." It's the happiest feeling ever when you can buy in the regular section of the store. I'm incredibly happy for you friend.

    paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I tried on a size 12 LBD. I almost cried, now I'm a 10! Trying on new clothes in smaller sizes is the ultimate prize in this whole journey. You may fight with the scale, but nothing puts a smile on your face like a pair of well-fitted jeans.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!