Monday, December 6, 2010

Electroshock "Therapy"

I am on a quest for a chiropractor. I have decided that I really need to go, because my knee is killing me. It aches all the time. It grinds more than usual.

But you see... we had a chiropractor. Except he was a hippy. And I know, by definition, most chiropractors are hippies, they don't do surgeries, and they are all touchy feely. I get it.

But what I don't like, is when you are watching your husband in horrible, crippling pain and the chiro tells you that he won't do an adjustment and that you need to do shock therapy 5 days a week and charges you $80 a session for it. And still wont do any adjustments! Not only that, but gives nothing for the pain and tells you that you can't go to work either. Which means you aren't making money to pay for the bastard's sports car.

That irritates me.

I used to have a good one but he is 45 minutes away and that is just not feasible for going 3+ times a week to get my knee adjusted.  I also have insurance now, which is nice.

It was a hard choice, deciding to go to the chiro because I also need new glasses/contacts and I can't do both. Which is more important, being able to see + being a cripple, or squinting but able to get on with life?

The glasses can wait. The knee, that may be irreversible the longer I wait. All that grinding... can't be good.

Also I ate a lot of pizza this weekend. FYI Double "bacon" 6 cheese. I think it was more like canadian bacon (which we all know is ham, like a canadian goose is really a duck*)

*Note: No its really a goose but if you tell someone that they get all confused and lets face it, geese are funny looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!