Friday, January 14, 2011

Crazy Friday

My "yesterday" ended this morning at 5am when I finally went to sleep. I got up at 10 to let Max out and we stayed up all day. We had a lot of errands to run, including going to Petsmart for some doggie supplies, as well a much needed run to the bank, a vet visit, and my best friend, Kayla, is in town picking up her wedding dress. I had to go to that, since I missed the day she picked it out. 

Doesn't really sound like a lot to do, does it? Well, here's what happened... 

Brian came with Max and I to go to PetSmart. We needed a crate and since I am virtually useless, I needed him to carry it for me. While we were there we got other doggie things. We planned on going to the bank right after, but unfortunately, we were running short on time. Brian had to get ready to go to work. 

No big deal. I have a car. I'll go. 

I load Max into my car and away we go! I'm trying to get him used to car rides and everything, so I thought, hey, I'm just headed to the bank, it won't be so bad to take him with me. 

Except.

My whole car starts shaking. Vibrating. It's about to explode! I pull into a driveway and it's a vet's office (but not the one I am scheduled at later) and I think, well maybe its some snow caught under the wheel well. Stupid me, I should have kicked it out. I look, and my tire is FLAT. F-l-a-t, as in I am driving on the RIM! The really shitty part about this, is I just fixed a flat tire. My rear driver side tire had a nail in it and it was flat, and needed to be patched. Now, my front passenger tire is flat! Is someone f*cking with me?? Seriously?

I decide to call Brian. Except I don't have my phone. I left it at home (stupid of me!) so I take Max inside the vet's office and ask her if I can call my husband. She let me, which was very nice. I call him and tell him I have another flat and I am stranded it's unsafe to drive home (even though I am only a quarter mile away). I ask him what do you want me to do? Should I call a tow truck? Our insurance will reimburse us for it. The donut is already on my car, and my patched tire is in Brian's truck. I am not really wanting to pay $70 for a 2 minute tow, so I ask him to come put my patched tire on. He has to call me back in a few moments to okay it with his boss. 

He said it will be fine, and he will be there in 30 minutes. Because its lunch hour. F*ck! Max and I go outside and he romps in the snow which is quite hilarious and makes me feel a little bit better. Brian comes and exchanges tires in 10 minutes. I go home and put the dog in the crate, then head for the bank. 

It is now 2:45 and Max's appointment is at 3, and I still have to go to the *other bank* and deposit the cash. I don't have enough time. I go back home, get Max, and go to the vet. We have a good time, and it is now 4. I have to get this money deposited! I go to the other bank and then Kayla calls. "We're in town, come soon!" 

I drop the dog back off at home and rush to the other side of town to David's Bridal where I wait for her to try on her dress (Breathtaking!) It dawns on me I have not eaten all day. I start daydreaming of food.

I drive home and hit up Arby's grabbing a regular Beef and Cheddar sandwich with a small curly fry. I finally get home, let the dog out, we go pee, and then I eat my dinner. I tell Brian I will make him a "hero's dinner" for saving my day, and he picks Chicken Parmesan. But I dont have any of the ingredients for that, so I will have to make one final trip out. 

I am so... tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!