Monday, January 31, 2011

Eating for the Fun of it.

When does eating become so much more?

I love to eat. I don't get "less satisfied" with each serving I have. I read once somewhere that if you have a cheeseburger, each subsequent cheeseburger is less satisfying, and therefore not as good. But for me, each cheeseburger holds the same value.

Take Saturday, for instance. We had some friends coming over so I decided to make some dip and chips for them. I browned up 40 oz of ground turkey, mixed with onions, and then I added velvetta cheese to it and a large jar of hot salsa. Stirred in crock pot until creamy, kept it on warm.

Served with authentic Mexican tortilla chips! YUM!

I already planned on having 3 servings of the dip (which was only 4 pts a serving) and 2 servings of chips, but I ended up having about 75 chips instead of 25, and having 5 servings of dip.

It never got "old". It tasted so good. Even though I was stuffed beyond recognition. It was still delicious. I couldn't stop. I didn't want to stop.

Also it was very good dip. Friends raved about it, praised it. When I told them I had based it off of one of their dips, they were shocked that I took it and made it better (using less ingredients!) Brian only had one plate, which he was disappointed that he didnt get more. I said "don't worry baby, I ate your share for you!" hahahaha

But it was not an easy night of sleep. I was so bloated and uncomfortable. I thought for sure I was going to get sick. I woke up still feeling the same way. I just started my morning off with a lot of water to help flush it out and then I did 20 minutes on my stationary, Stella. 20 minutes isn't quite the challenge it used to be, even though I haven't biked in months. I think I may just have to up it a bit more. I don't know if I am ready to do 30 but I will try at least! In 20 minutes, I burn 300 calories. (not nearly enough to work off all that extra dip, but its a drop in the bucket)

Planned on doing another 20 last night before bed but it turns out that 4 hours of sleep + birthday party + chinese food + headache = tired, so I slept.

I think I am going to have to start doing morning workouts more, because I really enjoyed "getting it over with" in the morning and then feeling great about myself.

Chinese food was awesome. I thought we were going to a buffet, but it was a sit down restaurant, and I ordered Princess Chicken which is spicy! Brian got sweet and sour, and we traded some and it was really good. Also they served white rice, and egg drop soup (which was really good, and had carrots and mushrooms in it)

I want to make egg drop soup and have that spicy chicken at home, but I think I would grill the chicken and then make the sauce.

but now it is time for sleep (again!) I am incredibly tired, been on the go all weekend. Ready for a relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!