Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's Official! Its the New Year!

the new year is always a special time of year for me- well actually, the end of the year is always special! My mom's birthday is early December, then there is Christmas two weeks later, and then one week later, on New Years, its my dad's birthday!

Happy Birthday Dad! Another year come and gone, and you're still my favorite dad :) You can still fix everything and I will always be a daddy's girl.

What else does the new year mean? Well it means that its time to make some resolutions- or goals, really- on what you want the new year to bring for you.

My biggest goal in 2011 is to get out of consumer debt. I want to pay off our credit cards! We have $5400 in credit card debt that needs to be erased! This is first and foremost on my mind, because we pay over $340 a month now. So that would be really helpful. If we could just manage an extra $110 a month towards that, then we'd be good! (we'll see.... $110 is a lot of extra money and that burns a hole in my pocket!)

My second goal of 2011 is to run a 5k. I looked it up on our city's trail runners page for upcoming 5ks this year, but there aren't any local ones. There are lots of regional ones, but I am not going to go DRIVE somewhere to *run* Let's not be ridiculous! The closest thing I could find to a local 5k is a 4 mile run/walk. So I will be doing that. It's in late September, so plenty of time to learn how to run like a lunatic a pro

My third goal of 2011 (and probably the most frugal) is to get a deep freezer and canning kit. I want to learn how to can sauces and etc, as well as make a bunch of meals in advance and freeze! Yep. I'm going to be "that girl"

Three fairly long term goals going on. That means I need 3 short term ones as well

Short term #1: I want to finish my crocheted slippers, dangit!
Short term #2: I am going to make another YouTube video. I made a channel, after all. I should at least put another video on there!
Short term #3: Earn 10 APs this week!

So I have plenty to work on, both short term and long term. I really want to get to a place financially where we can move and get a house. I'd also like a dog, which is no secret! Brian told me that we aren't allowed to get a dog until we have a house, so that is going to be the first thing I do! Pay off debt=get a house=get a dog.

I can also make some extra money (or save some) by crocheting/making candles/soap/household cleaners/freezing meals/canning. That will keep me plenty busy!



Let's take a look back over 2010 and see what happened that I was proud of:

-I started Weight Watchers! YAY! And I have lost 15 lbs!
-I rode a bike for the first time in years!
-I ran a mile in 7 minutes!
-I finally realized that I am happy and successful.

It's a short list, but it's all very important!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I love the goals you've set out for yourself. 2010 was the start of my running journey and my life has been changed by it (was just posting about this today,lol).

    I just got a deep freezer and have experimented with canning apple sauce and jam in the past, but I'd love to try new things. I'm going to keep an eye on what you're doing and may ask for some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i put my list up on my blog too lol
    not quite as detailed as yours though.
    lol but i like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! Looking forward to your blogs this year!

    Btw, my Dad and Grandpa's birthdays were on January 1st too!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT. You know you have an opinion, air it!